***Spoiler*** Tour of Britain Stage 7

2»

Comments

• Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    A fun day. Quite tired now.

Cycled to Dorking. Good chat, free cup of tea, and free Rapha Condor JLT cap at the Rapha coffee wagon. Very pleased.

Went up to Coldharbour. Good crowd. Cycling folk. People with dogs. Families. Brings out the best in people.

Then got the train into Guildford (£8 return), saw the finish. Tried to get to the podium through the crowd, but somehow ended up being behind it... frak! Thought my luck had run out, but was able to have a wonky peak through the fence.

m6dufsB.jpg

I did have some feta with my dinner.
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    Rode 15 odd miles to Crocknorth Road with my 9 year old son. Got a decent spot just past the bridge along with a huge group of fellow Kingston Wheelers.

Atmosphere was great; applauding people coming up the hill and some good-natured booing of a guy in full sky gear pushing his bike up the hill until he indicated he had a mechanical and tried to run, after which he got a cheer. As the peloton came up the hill, Wiggins was right at the front of the bunch in the dead centre. It must have been deliberate. Then rode the 15 miles home and let my son collapse on the sofa for an hour.

The coverage of the stage was shocking. No footage of Coldharbour or Barhatch.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Cav said in his interview he specifically moved Vivian over to the side where he knew it was rough. Quite open and matter of fact and volunteered the info without being specifically asked. Obviously just normal racing. Also acknowledged he had gone for a much longer one than he'd intended. Although he didn't have much choice really. Ale jet was pretty immense but he couldn't have gone much longer surely, must have done 600 metres as he hit the front just after 1k.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Good day out although in retrospect doing my 50km loop twice in the morning was a bit reckless as I hadn't factored in the 30km from home to Barhatch. Got there in plenty of time but then had to cycle on the limit all the way back to catch them going through my village - legs were utterley trashed at the end. Made it with about 10 mins to spare. Really great atmosphere- hundreds and hundreds lining the road. Pubs doing ToB specials; people waving flags and cheering. Felt really great. Even managed to get on the live broadcast !
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Looked like a great day out with a carnival atmosphere, wish I could have been at the roadside. Sob.
  • Chavendish off his line again, am I the only one seeing this, the other fella backed off as he thought he was gonna get shouldered by the twatt. Meh. :|
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Me looking like an utter tool holding my daughter's banner...

BD267E6C-B229-46F6-ABB8-7CDAB6472B8D-204-00000011041AA4E4_zps1f108609.jpg

So - your avatar is not you???
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Chavendish off his line again, am I the only one seeing this, the other fella backed off as he thought he was gonna get shouldered by the twatt. Meh. :|

Given the way that the other guy (Vivani) sprinted in stage 4 I don't think he has much to complain about.
    I actually wondered if this was a rebuke?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    Kenny Van Vlaminck talks cobbles

sorry if it has already been posted
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    Chavendish off his line again, am I the only one seeing this, the other fella backed off as he thought he was gonna get shouldered by the twatt. Meh. :|

Given the way that the other guy (Vivani) sprinted in stage 4 I don't think he has much to complain about.

Didn't realise now Chavendish was allowed to discipline other riders, my bad. :|
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Something missing in this guy`s life...
    IMG-9222_3007747.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • morstar
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Didn't realise now Chavendish was allowed to discipline other riders, my bad. :|

Already posted that Cav intentionally moved him across the road to where the surface was rougher. Cav volunteered this info himself
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    don't put reality in the way of a good bit of hate please morstar, this is neither the time nor the place!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • morstar
    ddraver wrote:
    don't put reality in the way of a good bit of hate please morstar, this is neither the time nor the place!
    Apologies, my bad. Cav's a b*stard! ;-)
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Was on crocknorth with literally hundreds of people as described earlier. Was great fun after doing several hillclimbs earlier that day. Seems the live feed had all of the wheelers (and others on the Crocknorth climb) visible from 5.20 to 5.50 on the programme. I've got a link of it here... https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/cycling-t ... /episode-6

Good stage and fair play to Cav, good second kick... though i think next year Viviani will be up there, just needs a better lead out.