Aldi deals this Thursday...

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited September 2013 in Commuting chat
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... september/

Much the same things as usual, including the superb winter jackets.

*Sharpens elbows in preparation.*

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Thanks for the reminder. Will sharpen my elbows also.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Dont forget....

I got reflective bands, gloves, leg warmers ( I was in bib shorts and with a breeze it was just too chilly, so tried them on there and then as I have heard things on here about weird sizing! fitted great, so kept them on and just took the bar code to the till!!), socks, winter shirt. and a kids SS cycling shirt (reduced price from earlier in the year - I assume they still had some stock, so put it back out with the new).

£33 - ye cannae be robbed at that price.

merino base layers looked ok, the winter jackets are great, but I already have one. Spoke reflecters out in force.

overshoes don't look very good though. Also, don't really understand the merino mix tops, just a bit of extra warmth? At 70% man made fibres, they are still going to whiff..
  • Got winter cycling trousers, arm warmers and socks. Couldn't get the size 8 velcro shoes I was after, so looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy some proper cycling shoes!
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    As I posed in the bargains thread - I picked up the tool kit this morning for 9.99 instead of the advertised 19.99.

Might be worth a punt in your local store :)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I may have overslept this morning *sigh*.