Mudguards for Specialized Secteur

clelanj
clelanj Posts: 68
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
Could anyone who has a Specialized Secteur let me know what set of mudguards would definitely fit this make of bike please? A friend has said that it is pretty tight to get mudguards on and I believe there are only eyelets on the rear to fit mudguards to?

Dont mind if I go for just a rear mudguard as long as it keeps spray from the road off those following - thanks

Comments

• jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    The usual suspect - Crud Roadracer mk2. Clearance is fine with 25mm tyres.
  • JamesEs wrote:
    The usual suspect - Crud Roadracer mk2. Clearance is fine with 25mm tyres.

Funnily enough I just fitted a set of Crud Roadracer MK2s to my Sectuer with 25mm GP4000s. The fit is tight only on the rear under the brake but the rear one fits lovely, My only issue is just a little bit of occasional rub from the front nose which I reckon with a bit more tuning I will eliminate. I did consider getting a set of full ones and using the rear mount and putting Cruds only on the front but decided to just try the set.
  • Thought I would update in case anyone retrieves this on a search - just replaced the GP4000s 25s with a set of new Michelin Pro4 Endurance 25s today on my Sectuer and they fit fine under Cruds too. I anything I think the Pro4s 25s may be slightly smaller than the GP4000s 25s but both fit fine.