Surrey CC - This you be you next

Comments

• Call me visionary (or mad) but I have always thought that the blooming utility companies that endlessly dig up roads should be made to pay for pothole repairs. I do a hell of a lot of commuting all throughout London and would say the majority of potholes I see are where the road has been dug up by the aforementioned companies, as opposed to the roads deteriorating naturally which the council should fix themselves.

On another note, those Millar's are everywhere. David's other sister is a partner at the Face Partnership that runs the London Nocturne.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Ride hard wrote:
    Call me visionary (or mad) but I have always thought that the blooming utility companies that endlessly dig up roads should be made to pay for pothole repairs.
    They are supposed to repair any reinstatements that aren't done properly.

There are a few problems with the way it works though:
    • Councils only go out and inspect a small percentage of work done
    • If a reinstatement isn't good enough, the council sends a notice to the company (if they can find out who it was) telling them to fix it within a certain timescale. Some companies will get the notice and forget about it, or possibly just ignore it because they know the councils won't do anything about it most of the time
  • Thanks for the info.

I can quite easily imagine the utility companies ignoring stuff like this as half of them can't even be bothered to answer the phone and deal with queries from their own customers.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • It's also easy to blame councils for your own mistakes.

It's our insurance and council tax going up!
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    It's also easy to blame councils for your own mistakes.

It's our insurance and council tax going up!

I'd be less bothered if they used the increase in revenue to fund the refurb of roads .... but they don't seem to do that.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Do Surrey CC regularly read this forum?

Odd thread title even without the typos.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Ride hard wrote:
    On another note, those Millar's are everywhere. David's other sister is a partner at the Face Partnership that runs the London Nocturne.

I don't know if you're trolling or not but you do realise that's the same sister/person, right?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Didn't read to the bottom... Don't quite know why they finished by highlighting the other two sky accidents which had nothing to do with potholes...