Sub £1000 Fat Bike for Halfords Cycle2Work scheme?

nicktomkinson
nicktomkinson Posts: 19
edited September 2013 in MTB general
I am trying to source a fat bike for under £1000, so that I can get one through my Halfords cycle2work scheme.

The only one I can find in that price bracket is the On-One Fatty at £999. Unfortunately Halfords and On-One won't deal with each other.

Are there any other fat bikes out there for under £1000?

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Kona do one but i doubt you'll find a fatty under a grand, I built mine up and still was more than that!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/fat-bikes-89-c.asp

here's the Kona, but still £1500

wo-1-600x343.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Think yourself lucky. Fat bikes are stupid, pointless and ridiculously heavy.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Is this bike supposed to be used for commuting? :o
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • jds_1981 wrote:

Of course. I will have to navigate through sand dunes and muddy fields to get to work ;-)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    jds_1981 wrote:

I'd love a fatty for commuting. Non fat fat wheels for most days, balloons on when the snow comes, weeeeeeeeeeee! :D
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    jds_1981 wrote:

Of course. I will have to navigate through sand dunes and muddy fields to get to work ;-)

You had better pray you are built like a gorilla dragging all that round with you :)
  • I would like to have a blast in the snow on one, otherwise pointless.
  • You can hear them coming from a mile away, sound like cars with flat tyres! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • I got my On One Fatty on the C2W scheme* directly from On One/Planet X without any problems.

Why not go direct?

8491546651_fa0bf1268a_z.jpg

* It may not have been the C2W but another one like it, I can't remember which
  • Mojo_666 wrote:
    I would like to have a blast in the snow on one, otherwise pointless.

Spoken like some one who's never ridden one.......

Ride one then say if they are pointless or not please.....

Guaranteed smile inducing ride and very addictive on all trails* in all conditions.

* Maybe not the fasted on DH courses
  • Think yourself lucky. Fat bikes are stupid, pointless and ridiculously heavy.

And another who's not ridden one speaks their mind.

9367374848_06f9b5dd2a_z.jpg
  • You can hear them coming from a mile away, sound like cars with flat tyres! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I saw an On One Fatty on a canal towpath a couple of weeks back. From the tyre noise it sounded like there was an old Land Rover coming down the path.
  • Mojo_666 wrote:
    I would like to have a blast in the snow on one, otherwise pointless.

Spoken like some one who's never ridden one.......

Ride one then say if they are pointless or not please.....

Guaranteed smile inducing ride and very addictive on all trails* in all conditions.

* Maybe not the fasted on DH courses

What can it do that my nomad can't?
  • Ride on sand.

A couple of mates have them and they are silly fun. You can build them up reasonably light as well which turns them into a completely different beast.
  • Ride on sand.

A couple of mates have them and they are silly fun. You can build them up reasonably light as well which turns them into a completely different beast.

Not much sand on the mountains I ride on.
  • I got my On One Fatty on the C2W scheme* directly from On One/Planet X without any problems.

Why not go direct?

* It may not have been the C2W but another one like it, I can't remember which

Because they do not accept Halfords cycle2work vouchers.