Funny bikes

Ska1975
Ska1975 Posts: 48
edited September 2013 in MTB general
Hi,

Now II realise this may be a little picky and as a relative new comer to the sport I may not be completly up to speed with all the termonology but I came across an article the other day that left me a little confused. I can imagine a bike being fun, playfull or hardcore and maybe even 'aggro' (although I swear that must depend on the rider???) but for goodness sake how can a bike be hilarious! I just don't get it- am I misisng out on a whole side of riding that makes you wet yourself laughing? Could someone enlighten me please...

Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Care to supply some provinence as I don't recall ever seing a bike described thus!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Oh I dunno, I'd probably have "Funny" somewhere in the first ten words or so that I described this bike as.
    Scurra-Hard-Enduro-side.jpg
  • It was in what MB Mr Rookie. Ill have to dig the article out but I believe it went something along the lines that despite this breed of bike supposedly being a seriously hardcore racer or whatever this one is hilarious to ride.

I mean I do kind of get that a bike can be fun if its built well and not fun if its not but this just screams of knobbishness to me.
  • milko9000 wrote:
    Oh I dunno, I'd probably have "Funny" somewhere in the first ten words or so that I described this bike as.
    WTF is that? :shock:
  • I want one.
    sight 3 se
  • milko9000 wrote:
    Oh I dunno, I'd probably have "Funny" somewhere in the first ten words or so that I described this bike as.

Aside from "shit" the only thing that springs to mind when I look at that bike is "bearing replacement nightmare"
  • that bike is mental!
    it makes my whyte look sane!
  • I would assume that hilarious in the context they are using it in your quote would mean a hoot to ride as in grin and laugh like a maniac as you ride - I have definitely felt that way on some trails on any bike and some bikes make more trails feel like that than others. My guess anyway.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    Christ that bikes bloody awful! I'd hate to service that ...lol
    it looks a bit steep to me.....