Deleted Post .. why?

kevinharley
kevinharley Posts: 554
Hi there,

I put a post up on Tuesday in the MTB Rides forum, about a weekend that me and a few guys have got planed in the Lakes at the end of the month. A number of people have dropped out, so I was posting to see whether anyone wanted to join us.

The folllowing morning, I logged back on to check if there had been any responses, only to find the post had been taken down, and I'd been issued a Board Warning, but with no explanation why.

I've PM'd the mod for that forum (Nicklouse) twice since then, but not had a reason.

I'm not trying to provoke an argument; clearly someone thinks I've done something wrong, but I'm at a loss to understand why. I've checked the rules for that particular forum, and for the whole BR forum generally, and as far as I can see, I've not broken any rules, breached any etiquette, or done anything remotely dodgy, so I would really like an explanation as to what I've apparently done wrong, so I don't make the same mistake again.

I replied to a couple of other posts, using the link to my post, which is here:

viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=12941788

Obviously, the link doesn't go anywhere now, but maybe its archived somewhere?

I've also copied the messages I've sent to Nicklouse asking for clarification:
Nick,

I don't want to be difficult or waste your time, and I know you mods / administrators are busy, and do the modd-ing voluntarily, but I would really appreciate knowing the reason why my post was removed. I've read through the rules on this forum, and the rules on the forum generally, and can't understand what I've done wrong, why the post was removed, and why I've been issued with a Board Warning. I'm not seeking to be argumentative; just to learn so that I don't make the same mistake (if I've made one) again.

Thanks
Kevin
Ok ... Please could you explain why?

Thanks
nicklouse wrote:
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
yes your advert was removed.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks very much.
Kevin

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    your were advertising. use the correct forum.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • What was I advertising? I included a link to the bunkbarn we were staying in, but this wasn't intended as advertising; it was just to give other members info about where we were staying! I wasn't trying to 'sell' a holiday, or anything else; I have no vested or financial interest in the accommodation, and nothing to gain by putting up the post (other than possibly meeting some new riders, and reducing the individual cost to everyone going on the weekend).

So, was it the link to the accomodation that got the post deleted? Would the rest of the info without that have been OK?

People post up links on all the forums - particularly links to bikes/products - which aren't construed as advertising; so I'm not quite sure of the difference.