I think On One need a better proof reader...

Kowalski675
Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
edited September 2013 in MTB general
Whoever wrote this copy seemed to have something else on his mind at the time... :lol:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/news/brant-blog ... /26/45650b

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Well, sounds fun to me. When do pre orders start :lol:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:
    Well, sounds fun to me.

The bike, or the typo, lol?
  • Advertising technique
  • Isn't that what the Romans did?
  • May be he's refering to the actual tyre diameter, which will change depending on the tyre width.

26" wheel has a 22" diameter
    650b ........... 23" diameter
    29" ...............24.5" diameter

the overall tyre diameter could easily be +/- 1" on any of these wheels. Good to see they now have a 650b to offer.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • Ah, the 650b from On One when Brant said they'd never make one as there is no advantage to them over 26"!

They are bad sometimes though. I bought some Revelations from them earlier in the year that were advertised as being for 26" wheels when they were in fact 29er forks. Someone just copy and pasted the script from the Rock Shox website and didn't think to change the fork size!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    :lol:

Can't believe they've not edited that yet, evidently nobody reads the blog as they don't give a fuck what Brant says?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Unless of course he's actually referring to a bike that is actually fucked up due to their crap QC process...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    On-one's website seems to be run by a 12 year old, it's always flakey, though can be great, like the time I bought a couple of seatposts listed for £0.00 (yes FREE!)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    prawny wrote:
    Well, sounds fun to me.

The bike, or the typo, lol?

A farked titus fire line. Actually, now I think about it it sounds quite painful.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • May be he's refering to the actual tyre diameter, which will change depending on the tyre width.

26" wheel has a 22" diameter
    650b ........... 23" diameter
    29" ...............24.5" diameter

the overall tyre diameter could easily be +/- 1" on any of these wheels. Good to see they now have a 650b to offer.

? I think you may have missed what I was referring to?.... :wink: