Bike Warranty

marcusww
marcusww Posts: 202
edited September 2013 in Road beginners
Have a Spec Roubaix bought in december 2012 from cycle surgery, the freehub has quite a lot of play in it - enough to make changing gear inaccurate or problematical. There is also play in the pawl mechanism as it is not engaging as it used to - still OK to ride tho. The hubs are DT Swiss 3.0 - specializeds own spec I believe. Does anyone know if there is warranty on this kind of thing at this age - bike has done 2500 miles.

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    I doubt your have any luck but as usual its the shop you bought it from who you should be asking
  • kwi
    kwi Posts: 181
    Have you replaced anything on your drive train? 2.5K is a fair bit of wear.
  • kwi wrote:
    Have you replaced anything on your drive train? 2.5K is a fair bit of wear.

Yes, have changed to Ultegra cassette and chain about 1300 miles ago???.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Freehubs / bearing etc are usually excluded from warranties as these are 'wear and tear' items. Speak to the shop, they may change as a goodwill gesture.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    It might just need a service?

On the FR5 hubs I can get to the pawls. Bearings are cartridge so replaceable - on the cone & balls type the balls can be replaced. If you can't get to the pawls then applying some light oil (WD40 etc) then drizzling chain oil in around a seal might get it working again.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Specialized have a bit of a rep for dodgy rear hubs. Have a chat with your LBS and encourage them to contact Specialized; they may well replace the wheel.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}