1 heart rate monitor with 2 receivers

d_reddy86
d_reddy86 Posts: 3
edited September 2013 in Health, fitness & training
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to use 1 ANT+ heart rate belt with 2 receivers at the same time. I currently have a suunto ambit watch which I love, however I am looking at purchasing an Adidas Micoach device and HR belt to record data to get benefits on my Prudential Life Insurance. I was wondering if the 1 HR belt will be able to talk to both the Micoach and the Suunto at the same time with out any cross talk problems. The suunto will provide me with better on the move data so I definitely want to continue wearing it. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Might be better to try this question on the road forum. Roadies are a bit more heart monitoring types than MTBikers.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Yes, providing the wireless technology matches (ie: ANT+)
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • Cheers guys. I guess I defaulted to this forum as a man who prefers the trails to the roads. They'll both operate on ANT+ so I guess I'll give it a go.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    ANT+ sensors will pair with multiple receivers no problem. For example, laptop with Suunto Movestick or Garmin USB stick running TrainerRoad/Peripedal/Golden Cheetah etc. will receive same signal simultaneously as Garmin 500 head unit. Bluetooth LE sensors will not do this.