Waterproof jacket - new one needed

the_hundredth_idiot
the_hundredth_idiot Posts: 813
edited September 2013 in Commuting general
I thought this would have been done to death but either it hasn't or my bikeradar search fu is playing up.

My Altura Night Vision high-viz yellow waterproof jacket has a broken zip. It is a little shabby after about 5 winters of use so, when I noticed Evans had a sale on, I'm thinking I might as well buy a new one than spend £10-£15 getting a zip fixed on my old one.

I can get an Altura Nevis 2012 for £30 or the Night Vision 2012 for £38 or the Night Vision Evo 2012 for £58. I haven't a foggiest if there are any real differences that make the more expensive ones worth the extra - any comments? Or are there other options I've missed?

I tend to use it when I'm suited and booted on the Brompton so it goes over proper clothes rather than cycling kit (I even put it on over a suit jacket). Not a long commute on the Brompton - only about a 5 mile round trip - but I tend not to have dry clothes to change into at the office end.

Cheers
Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.

Comments

• Crap - ignore me - forgot to check stock levels and they've only got tiny and massive left in the sale items. Looks like it's the menders for my current one.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Do you not boil in a bag with all that on?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Nope - only a short ride on a Brompton and not going hell for leather. And I take the jacket off when I get on the train.

During the winter months, I NEED that extra layer - effing freezing without it in just a shirt and jumper/suit jacket.