Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited September 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I've been going to be d slightly earlier these last few nights, and I have to say, it's paying off! Not sure how I feel about this, yes I'm sleeping well, but it means I'm in bed by half ten.

Today, more Mac building going on, running round getting them finished for Monday (I won't get them finished for Monday). Me thinks I'm in trouble.

Tonight, I'm going to venture out for some milk. That's how exciting a life I lead with a foot in plaster.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Couldn't for the life of me remember why I'd schedule to go into work early today, but remembered now it's too late! Balls. Means a couple of extra hours for me tomorrow.

Laters
  • For the third night in a row I've slept well so I've been in a good mood most of the week. This is unsettling the minions as they are not used to this and they are getting suspicious.

Missed another package again yesterday so yet another trip to the Post Office to collect it.

Nothing too exciting today. I have an engineer coming in to start the installation of a new piece of equipment due for completion by the end of the month.

Cake making minion has been lax in her offerings again. No cakes, no pies.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Morning

decent cycle in today - first time in ages, great fun - maybe a little wet.

Later is cycle home and a few ales.

Laters
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Morning all!!

Today will be manic as I'm trying to get all my stuff sorted to go back to uni whilst also preparing bikes and kit for the CCCC2CCCCCCCCC, lots to do and very little time to do it! Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish the Slackline off so I can go for a quick spin on it later, but it won't be used in anger til I get back to uni. The next 2 weeks are going to be manic, with the the CCCC2CCCCCCC and starting my final year at uni, gonna be hard work but hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end!

Laters
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Mornin, got up silly early rode to the pool did a few lengths then rode to work.... by the time I got to work I was so bloody hungry that I stuffed a maccy D macmuffinsasusagemajig down my neck thus counteracting the morning's fitness regime.

I am now calorie neutral
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    arrrgghh! was supposed to be going away this weekend and was really looking forward to it, just checking my emails for hotel confirmation and I couldn't find it. called said hotel and they have no record of my booking, gutted :(

and to top it off it's raining.

laters
  • welshkev wrote:
    arrrgghh! was supposed to be going away this weekend and was really looking forward to it, just checking my emails for hotel confirmation and I couldn't find it. called said hotel and they have no record of my booking, gutted :(

laters

Can't you get any last minute hotels? Was it a riding break or a family break. If the latter it's not so bad.
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

laters

Can't you get any last minute hotels? Was it a riding break or a family break. If the latter it's not so bad.

just a family break. I booked it (or so I thought) as it was a special offer, only £20 for the night. it's gone up to full price now. not the end of the world, but it still would've been nice to get a change of scenery.
  • welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

laters

just a family break. I booked it (or so I thought) as it was a special offer, only £20 for the night. it's gone up to full price now. not the end of the world, but it still would've been nice to get a change of scenery.

That's pretty lame. At least your current scenery isn't so bad!
  • Evening ladies,

Today is eat lunch at work free, then of to the big smoke to eat on expenses...

not much else really.

Laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    pilch wrote:
    Mornin, got up silly early rode to the pool did a few lengths then rode to work.... by the time I got to work I was so bloody hungry that I stuffed a maccy D macmuffinsasusagemajig down my neck thus counteracting the morning's fitness regime.

I am now calorie neutral
    Know what you mean, I tried to eat something that was't stuffed full of lard for lunch and I'm already hungry again, and the choccy/crisp vending machine is the only source of food without going out again :evil:

At least it's out the door at 5, before Waylander adds to the population of stalker types that hang around London.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Counting down the 2 week or so holiday, which was originally for wales. although i might sneak over for different reasons.

Today is all about getting the work up together so it's not here when I get back.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mornin' Losers! I've been goin' t' bed slightly earlier these last few nights, and I have t' say, it's payin' off! Not aye how I feel about this, aye I'm sleepin' well, but it means I'm in bed by half ten. Today, more Mac buildin' goin' on, runnin' round gettin' them finished for Monday (I won't get them finished for Monday). Me thinks I'm in trouble. Tonight, I'm goin' t' venture out for some milk. That's how excitin' a life I lead with a foot in plaster. Laters!
    now that is grand you Landlubber.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    welshkev wrote:
    arrrgghh! was Ahoy!posed t' be goin' away this weekend and was really lookin' fore t' it, just checkin' me emails for hotel confirmation and I couldn't find it. called said hotel and they have no record o' me bookin', gutted :( and t' top it off it's rainin'. laters
    started off rite.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    International talk like a pirate day. Currently just saying ARGHHHHH a lot. Management have all gone to a meeting and left me in charge of three teams of people, managing two offices, and authorising payments...

I am leaving on time and I am going to the gym tonight.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    MissCMC wrote:
    International talk like a pirate day.

You want us to talk like pirates?

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

.........that means 'no'.

Evenin' leapers and growlers,

Packing like a mofo currently, whilst waiting for tonights carbo-load to fester in the pot. Making progress, but aware that Sunday is coming all to quick!

........a bit like my obvious.....

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    Woo hoo! Weekend away back on, it was booked under the gf's name.

Moral of the story, don't book hotels while drunk :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    welshkev wrote:
    Woo hoo! Weekend away back on, it was booked under the gf's name.

Moral of the story, don't book hotels while drunk :lol:

Is there any other time to book hotels?