The Plane Crash

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
Anyone watching the plane crash on more4, pretty amazing.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    No.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I think I've seen it before, was that the one where they flew a big jumbo by remote control before crashing it in a desert :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    arran77 wrote:
    I think I've seen it before, was that the one where they flew a big jumbo by remote control before crashing it in a desert :shock:

Thats the one, quite amazing to watch
  • arran77
    simonhead wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Thats the one, quite amazing to watch

It made you think about where you choose to sit on a plane, I think when they originally showed it you could go onto their website at the start of the show and select your seat, once the plane had been crashed it told you if you were alive or dead :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • simonhead
  • arran77
    simonhead wrote:

That's it, I died, Mrss 77 lived :roll:

seanoconn
  • One of the great things about working for an airline was finding out about these things... I remember chatting to one of the engineers at the maintenance hangar who said he always insisted on sitting in front of the wings when on a DC-9. I asked him why and he said that as the DC-9 landed so damn quickly, the entire rear section flexed very slightly (engines on the tailplane) so if it snapped (!) it would from the wing backwards.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • simonhead
    Friend works as a maintenance manager for long haul and has has a few trips to sort out bird strikes, he showed us a video of a walk round after one of their aircraft had been hit by canada geese. Huge amount of damage.
  • The worst I saw was when an ATP smacked into a push back tug while being pushed back. A huge gust of wind caught the tail and slewed the ATP around. The spinning prop on that side ripped into the tug (driver saw what was coming and jumped out) and bits went everywhere.

2 things -
    The armour plating you see on the side of the aircraft to protect the cabin does not work
    It's a good thing they load the ATP from the back
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter