Newbie, Choosing the right size

Giorgos
Giorgos Posts: 10
edited September 2013 in MTB beginners
Hello there guys, i am inderested in buying a Canyon bike.

(Grand Canyon AL slx 29)

i am 1.73m (5,67 feet according to google)
71kg (156pounds)
inseam length 81cm (2.65feet)
torso 63cm (2feet)
45cm shoulder length (1.47feet)
64cm arm length (2.09feet)

the site's flash programm says i should buy a small size, but if i put 83cm instead of 81cm inseam length it goes to medium size.

i thought that me size was medium although i have no idea, and been ages since i last did bicycle

i thought that the small size it suggest me woul be smaller than what i really want... any ideas?

Comments

• go M
  • I'd ask over on The Canyon Bikes Thread (in General) those guys should be able to give you a heads up on their sizing.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • I'd ask over on The Canyon Bikes Thread (in General) those guys should be able to give you a heads up on their sizing.

thank a lot! will do it
  • If you artificially make your legs longer then its going to throw their sizing system out isn't it? Why would you do that? If you think you need a medium and are ignoring the methods they put in place to size you because you dont like the results then get the medium but dont complain if it feels too big.

I dont know anything about Canyons but the apparently odd sizing is one reason I am put off by them - I am about same height as you (shorter legs, longer body by the sounds of it) and I tend to go for small bikes over medium but that's a personal preference for a smaller frame. I know many bike manufacturers put me as Medium.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.