Cube Fritzz build...bad idea?

kammybear
kammybear Posts: 500
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Guys,

I'm on a limited budget but want a full suss AM bike to tide me over a year.

I can source a small Fritzz 26er frame with rear shock.

I own a Cube LTD Pro 29er. Here is the spec http://www.biker-boarder.de/shopware/_d ... tAod3FUAcA

Would I run into many problems swapping everything over? I understand it will be frankenbike and the 100mm up front aint the best but will the geometry be ridable for something like the Monkey at Cannock and some welsh bike parks?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Well wheels and tyres won't fit! (you said everything) If the steerer is Ok you'll have about the right geo at the front as the 29er fork is about 40mm longer than a 100mm 26er, but it's just not right, sell the fork and buy the right second hand one!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Well obviously the wheels wont swap as they're the wrong size

you'd need to check the steerer tube size but the fork is for 29ers anyway

Things like the brakes should swap over providing the brake hose is long enough

As for the front mech, check the fitting. Actually for most bits check the fittings and size

You'd also need the tools
  • It will be a terrible ride. The Fritz needs 150/160mm forks. 29er 100mm forks are equivalent to a 120mm 26" fork.
    The bottom bracket will be really low and the steering will be aweful.
    The 29er as it is will be a much better ride.
  • Bad idea in general than lol!