Riding with the Family

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
First up I know some people will flame me for bringing this subject up so sorry but I'm going to mention it anyway :P

Did a little local charity ride today with Mrs 77 and the two junior 77's, very much a family focused type thing, the turn out was great and we all had a really good time.

Quite a few other people out riding doing their own thing, some on their own and some obviously with clubs, like always me and Mrs 77 said hello to all that we passed and some would respond but many didn't, that's fine, I haven't got a problem with that, it's up to the individual if they want to exchange pleasantries or not.

What I wonder though is if I wasn't on the wet weather bike, with all the usual gear on and didn't have junior 77 number 1 on the back of the bike in her child seat would more people have said hi? Might be an interesting social experiment to see :wink:

There was one very friendly chap who was riding with a fast group who came whizzing by, when he came along side us he bothered to slow right down and ask what the event was we were riding in and generally exchanged pleasantries, he then wished us a good day before speeding back up to catch his mates up, made my daughters day that a 'fast rider' slowed down to chat so if you happen to be on here thank you :D
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• Why are people so worried about other dickheds not saying hi back all the time? Do you wave at every single person on the street when walking?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Why are people so worried about other dickheds not saying hi back all the time? Do you wave at every single person on the street when walking?
    Do you not do this?
    I do just to be sociable. Most people just stare but I get the occasional wave back. It's nice to be nice.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • I wave to every single person as well, however, the difference is i'm not emotionally dependent on getting a wave back. If they don't wave, cool by me.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    And well done for involving missus and kids

Shouldn't the young ones be 38.5 or less btw?
  • arran77
    Why are people so worried about other dickheds not saying hi back all the time? Do you wave at every single person on the street when walking?

I'm not worried...
    arran77 wrote:
    that's fine, I haven't got a problem with that, it's up to the individual if they want to exchange pleasantries or not.
    I wave to every single person as well, however, the difference is i'm not emotionally dependent on getting a wave back. If they don't wave, cool by me.

I'm not either, see above :wink:
    I wave to every single person as well, however, the difference is i'm not emotionally dependent on getting a wave back. If they don't wave, cool by me.

Just what I said, see my original post :P
    arran77 wrote:
    Quite a few other people out riding doing their own thing, some on their own and some obviously with clubs, like always me and Mrs 77 said hello to all that we passed and some would respond but many didn't, that's fine, I haven't got a problem with that, it's up to the individual if they want to exchange pleasantries or not.
    Mikey23 wrote:

Thanks, at that rate I might just scrap in, just need to find a seat for the bike big enough for me and some one prepared to peddle me around :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    daviesee wrote:
    Do you not do this?
    I do just to be sociable. Most people just stare but I get the occasional wave back. It's nice to be nice.

Agree with that Daviesee :)

Off topic, it's nice to see you back by the way, is this going to be a permanent thing?

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412
    arran77 wrote:

I'm not worried...
    arran77 wrote:
    that's fine, I haven't got a problem with that, it's up to the individual if they want to exchange pleasantries or not.

arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

Thanks, at that rate I might just scrap in, just need to find a seat for the bike big enough for me and some one prepared to peddle me around :lol:
    Good attempt arran. Nearly a world record for number of quotes in one post.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pffft. Schoolboy effort. You haven't met DDD over on Commuting. :)

I like to wave at people in aeroplanes. I know the pilots wave back, I just do.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    edited September 2013
    arran77 wrote:

Agree with that Daviesee :)

Off topic, it's nice to see you back by the way, is this going to be a permanent thing?
    Nothing is permanent as you well know. :wink:
    Edit:- Only whilst at work. One thing I have learned recently is that life is so much better when you stay away from computers.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I'm not worried...
    arran77 wrote:

arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

CiB wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pffft. Schoolboy effort. You haven't met DDD over on Commuting. :)

I like to wave at people in aeroplanes. I know the pilots wave back, I just do.

Last time I ventured into commuting I got banned :roll:
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I'm not worried...
    arran77 wrote:

arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

vvvvvvv
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I'm not worried...
    arran77 wrote:

arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

:P

seanoconn