I used to be indicicisive now I'm not so sure!!!

Re-Cycle
Re-Cycle Posts: 83
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Right, after months of deliberation over a new bike and waiting for the sales I have finally narrowed it down to a choice of two. A commencal meta am 2012 summer ltd 29 or a 2013 Meta AM 2 29 both are new and at 1900 and 1500 respectively and have been highly discounted. First choice was a cube super stereo hpc 140 race but is still over 2300 in the sale.
So the question a) worth a punt at these prices b) the summer or the 2013 AM 2 c) what would you buy for less than 2k but please if I'm going to be in turmoil and uncertainty then please limit your choice to a full sus 29 er that has at least 120 travel minimum and is still available in large. Thanks

Comments

• Links?
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • Bishbosh10 wrote:
    Links?
    Specs on crc
  • Post a link to them then.
  • Re-Cycle wrote:
    Bishbosh10 wrote:
    Links?
    Specs on crc

:lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Post a link to them then.
    Quick reply via phone when I'm on the computer will add links
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Re-Cycle wrote:
    Bishbosh10 wrote:
    Links?
    Specs on crc

That doesn't help cause there's a lot on there

A budget would help too..
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    I know you are saying limit to these two with a minimum of 120, but for the sake of 10mm, checkout the 8.9 Canyon 2014 29er.
  • ej2320 wrote:
    Re-Cycle wrote:
    Bishbosh10 wrote:
    Links?
    Specs on crc

That doesn't help cause there's a lot on there

A budget would help too..

There is only one 2013 commencal meta 29 am 2 and there is also only one 2012 commencal meta 29 am summer 2012. That is all that I am considering unless anyone can suggest a better bargin. As for budget don't want to spend more than 2k
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The good lord (and us) helps those who help themselves, post the ruddy links.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bored now.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie wrote:
    You and me both im off to the commencal owners site!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Re-Cycle wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

what an idiot :roll:

you ask for help, but then can't even be arsed to put up links to what you want help with.

I wonder why no one helped you? if you couldn't be arsed to get the links why should we?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    welshkev wrote:
    Re-Cycle wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

what an idiot :roll:

you ask for help, but then can't even be arsed to put up links to what you want help with.

I wonder why no one helped you? if you couldn't be arsed to get the links why should we?
    And an excellent way to get unbiased advice.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Indeed, I doubt many of the commie faithful will mention frames cracking for starters.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.