Difference between Trail and urban shorts

Bongo163
Bongo163 Posts: 5
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Can anybody tell me the difference between trail and urban shorts please?

Comments

• No.

You need to provide an example of what you're trying to compare....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Urban
    Screen-Shot-2013-07-08-at-10.05.44-AM-490x553.png
    Trail
    mountain%20biker.jpg
    Who cares
    girl-cycling-ass-in-shorts-o.gif
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Bongo163 wrote:

thats like saying whats the difference between football shorts and rugby shorts, not much really in any practical sense
    you can wear what you like where you like,. the ''urban shots ive seen tend to be a bit longer

I suspect the problem is your considering buying one or the other at a price well above what you can buy A pair of shorts for, which will do equally well

my shorts of choice for both trail and urban is a pair of nike airmax 360s which i got from the charity shop for 1.99
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Aren't urban ones normally a bit closer cut, and with fewr pockets? Or is it the other way around.

I like cheap shorts that cover my knees a bit. Go for those ones
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    No. It's marketing tosh.
  • slickmouse wrote:
    Bongo163 wrote:

thats like saying whats the difference between football shorts and rugby shorts, not much really in any practical sense
    you can wear what you like where you like,. the ''urban shots ive seen tend to be a bit longer

I suspect the problem is your considering buying one or the other at a price well above what you can buy A pair of shorts for, which will do equally well

my shorts of choice for both trail and urban is a pair of nike airmax 360s which i got from the charity shop for 1.99
    Don't think football (soccer) shorts would last very long in a game of rugby!
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • No they don't. In a rugby match as kids we picked on other kids in mauls who had footy shorts on and turned them into skirts by ripping them through the crotch. Great fun.