Vuelta stage 21 *SPOILER*

Paul 8v
Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
edited September 2013 in Pro race
Flicking between this and the TOB, what's with the playmobile figure?

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Eh? It asterixed the word flick1ng?
  • Paul 8v
    Crowd the wrong side of the barriers only just moving out the way in time, not very good at all...
  • Michael Matthews of Orica takes the win. Farrar really went for it but came up short.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Provisional finish...

1. AUS MATTHEWS, Michael 178 ORICA GREENEDGE 2h 44' 00''
    2. USA FARRAR, Tyler 113 GARMIN SHARP 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
    3. GER ARNDT, Nikias 21 TEAM ARGOS-SHIMANO 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
    4. BEL MEERSMAN, Gianni 164 OMEGA PHARMA-QUICK STEP CYCLING TEAM 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
    5. ARG RICHEZE, Maximiliano Ariel 137 LAMPRE-MERIDA 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
    6. SLO BOLE, Grega 212 VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
    7. FRA PETIT, Adrien 86 COFIDIS, SOLUTIONS CRÉDITS 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
    8. RSA JANSE VAN RENSBURG, Reinardt 25 TEAM ARGOS-SHIMANO 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
    9. ITA LASCA, Francesco 66 CAJA RURAL - SEGUROS RGA 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
    10. GER WAGNER, Robert 49 BELKIN-PRO CYCLING TEAM 2h 44' 00'' + 0''
  • Was there a time bonus for today's stage? Just out of interest if there was only a 3 second gap still does anyone think a GC contender would have gone for the time bonus win or would that have been frowned upon too heavily?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Thought ITV4 did a good job on the highlights tonight.

Really enjoyed the race.
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Nice to see Euskaltel Euskadi getting a lap of honour.

Going to miss their colours (don't think I look quite the same when out wearing mine) and the basque followers. Hope Fernando can conclude the team purchase in time and that the riders get contracts honoured.

Yet again another good Vuelta. First few days scenery were stunning. Going to have to head back there and spend some proper time rather than just driving through.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    At least bikeradar have represented British humour well with "First American Grand Tour winner since LeMond" :D

Horner's win does seem as appealing as being offered the chance to take a smell of a tupperware of dogshit to me though :(

9u427b.jpg
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I shed a tear at the presentation...
  • Euskaltel had the aim of the team classification and it is great that they managed to achieve it. A nice way to finish in their home Tour.

21e_3004109.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    I shed a tear at the presentation...

I think many cycling fans did
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Was there a time bonus for today's stage? Just out of interest if there was only a 3 second gap still does anyone think a GC contender would have gone for the time bonus win or would that have been frowned upon too heavily?

In the spirit of racing, I dont see why not. If you are not allowed to race on the final stage why bother with it? I bet the crowds would rather see a competitive race rather than a procession. :D
  • mike6 wrote:
    Was there a time bonus for today's stage? Just out of interest if there was only a 3 second gap still does anyone think a GC contender would have gone for the time bonus win or would that have been frowned upon too heavily?

In the spirit of racing, I dont see why not. If you are not allowed to race on the final stage why bother with it? I bet the crowds would rather see a competitive race rather than a procession. :D

---
  • The guy who wrote the EPG got it spot on...

BUNblEDIMAAA10I.jpg:large
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    ^^ Excellent first post Stringybob!