New weapon: 2012 Specialized Allez Elite

2»

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    m3ta1head wrote:
    m3ta1head wrote:
    Just finished installing new gruppo (full 6700), only thing missing from this photo is the 3T Dorico Team seatpost (currently on the way). Will take better pics soon.

v9if8fH.jpg

Why in the world you decided to put the dreadful Ultegra 6700 :shock: :shock: ??

Dreadful? :lol: I picked up the group dirt cheap and couldn't be happier at all.

oh :|
  • m3ta1head
    m3ta1head Posts: 23
    Took some new pics. 3t post has a bit more setback than I actually need-I'm able to get my position but the saddle is mounted pretty far forward. I will probably switch to a Thomson elite 15mm setback post for a more pleasing aesthetic. Thinking about rewrapping the bars in some microtex dual black/red tape on....thoughts?

On2xkwH.jpg

y69gl6U.jpg

P4Dx9mI.jpg

s6Ghnia.jpg

GAVfoEa.jpg

a0Lqipp.jpg

3oWfvcn.jpg
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,023
    I'm gonna clean my Allez tonight/tomorrow, spent too much time on it and not enough on it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,263
    I appreciate that in your part of the world even school kids have at least one gun, but this thing of calling a bike "weapon" is just plain wrong... :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • m3ta1head
    Just took final weight (including cages, speed/cadence sensor, minus the extremely heavy r540 pedals which will be replaced soon): 7974g

It ended up a bit on the heavy side for sure but I didn't exactly build it up with weight weenie components-I was going for stiffness and durability more than anything. Overall, I'm pretty stoked with how the bike turned out on a ~$1500 budget.
  • OPQS
    OPQS Posts: 187
    Nice colourway as others have said. In time you might like to upgrade the STIs to modern day Ultegra as well - sidepull is so 80s ;)
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    That colour scheme is great! very racy looking position too.
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I never understand people's obsession with taking the pedals off to weigh the bike. A bike has pedals, and therefore it is not a complete bike without pedals.

Bike looks great though! Hope you enjoy it!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,263
    OPQS wrote:
    Nice colourway as others have said. In time you might like to upgrade the STIs to modern day Ultegra as well - sidepull is so 80s ;)

And the reason being?
    left the forum March 2023
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    What size frame? I have a 58cm 2011 model with 6800 wheels which I hope to complement with full 6800, and would like to have an idea on weight.

Looks great
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • m3ta1head
    velogee wrote:
    What size frame? I have a 58cm 2011 model with 6800 wheels which I hope to complement with full 6800, and would like to have an idea on weight.

Looks great

52cm. Full 6800 would be very nice indeed.