Worth holding out till the bike show??

Re-Cycle
Re-Cycle Posts: 83
edited September 2013 in MTB general
I'm currently looking at getting a commencal meta am 29er either the summer 29 ltd 2012 or the 2013 AM 2. Either way I am not going to be spending anymore than £1700. I know neither are perfect but are both good buys but i am wondering if it might be worth while holding off until I go to the bike show at the end of the month. I have never been before so wondered if anyone on here had and what I could expect. Are there any bargains to be had in the way of full bikes?

Comments

• chaymck
    chaymck Posts: 157
    I've not been for a few years but when I did there where no bikes for sale.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No bikes and very little else actually for sale....no special offers.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    But you do get to pay for the honour of looking at stuff
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ok thanks for the heads up. Thought there may have been some bargains to be had but if it looks like I'm just going to be going to look at full price new shiny stuff then I might just go out for a ride instead. Thanks
  • Now is a great time to buy. There are some great discounts on 2013 bikes.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Now is a great time to buy. There are some great discounts on 2013 bikes.

Very true got the wife's new MTB reduced from £1,300 to £1,000 in the 2013 sales. She loves it , so I am currently in the good books :)
  • Kajjal wrote:
    Now is a great time to buy. There are some great discounts on 2013 bikes.

Very true got the wife's new MTB reduced from £1,300 to £1,000 in the 2013 sales. She loves it , so I am currently in the good books :)

Agreed that's why I'm looking now. I have seen the Commencal Meta AM 29 summer ltd for £2200 new and £1900 nearly new that's almost 50 percent discount. Also have been offered an as new Commencal 2013 AM2 29er for £1500. Now I know they may be a few pounds heavier than some bikes but at savings like that I wold rather do a couple of weeks dieting and loose 5lbs myself :shock: