Giant Anyroad or Revolt

Aucka181
Aucka181 Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
I have a nice problem to solve but still a problem:
I've been into MTB for a while but sadly my Canondale was stolen recently - upside is I've replaced it with the money from insurance and have enough left over to venture into another side of cycling. I'm an off-roader by heart but like the idea of meeting road cycling half-way with a cyclecross bike. The new Giant models look great and have seen the Revolt in person but looks a little geeky compared to the smooth flowing frame of the Anyroad. The entry level are both priced same at £799 but can't tell what would be the better bike? Revolt has the overdrive steerer and carbon seat post but the Anyroad the 27speed shifters which is more what I'm used to and looks a lot cooler?!
Please advise...

Comments

• I have recentley ordered a Revolt 1, one of the main reasons for the choice between the anyroad and revolt coming down in favour of the revolt was that i want to use it off road. whilst the anyroad looks like a great winter comuter I suspect it may not be as robust as the revolt as the anyroad is in the 'sport' catagory on the Giant website the Revolt is in the same 'performance' catagory as the 'full on' cyclocross TCX and TCX slr. cant give you a full review as they are not released in the UK for another 3 weeks...
  • Any further views on these two models?
    I think I want something more robust for winter road riding would the any road fit guards?
  • not sure if you have seen this yet but it looked pretty informative about the differences between these two bikes and the riders they are intended for: http://www.cxmagazine.com/giant-introdu ... rbike-2013

HTH
  • Slightly more conventional route. Specialized appear to have acknowledged the more winter friendly approach with their secteur range now having disc brakes and 30mm tyres with guard mounting points!
  • daisbuys
    daisbuys Posts: 167
    Rather than start a new thread I thought I would bump this one back up.

I'm also on the verge of getting the anyroad 1, but am also torn with the revolt 1.

As the op I'm a keen MTB and just want a cyclocross to get some training in when I haven't got enough time to load up the bike and equipment and drive to my nearest trails. So this will be something I can just hop on out of the front door for a quick hour or so blast!

I would probably be doing most the mileage by road, but wouldn't mind hitting some fire roads for the views and car free riding now and again.

Would be grateful if any owners of either bikes can comment with their thoughts:

Here's the bikes:

Anyroad1

IMAGE_33.jpg

And the Revolt1

IMAGE_34.jpg