Rapha Supercross

Paul 8v
Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
edited September 2013 in Cyclocross
Anyone going to watch this? I'm thinking of going to the London round, it looks fun, especially the wall of foam!

Comments

• Paul 8v wrote:
    Anyone going to watch this? I'm thinking of going to the London round, it looks fun, especially the wall of foam!

If I hadn't been racing then I'd have gone to Ally Pally that day, however Wessex League action at Basingstoke beckons!

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Details of the Series found here.

I'll b cycling over to the Ally pally round on the 27th of October, its only around the corner from me.

Should be fun.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Paul 8v
    I would ride it but I'm not a good enough standard and I'm watching the NFL in the afternoon at Wembley, busy day!
  • max888
    max888 Posts: 206
    I'm up to race the "fun" race as the standard senior is full (Ally Pally). It'll still be fun with a fair few ringers like myself, I guess. I'm also going to race the Muddy Hell the day before.
  • Paul 8v
    I'd not heard of the muddy hell before but that looks really fun!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Rode Muddy Hell last year and it lived up to its reputation - it was driving rain and lots of slippery mud.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Last year was the first year that it was properly muddy though. One edition was so dry that loads of dust was kicked up and you couldn't see anything as your lights refracted off the dust.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I had a go at the "fun" race at Misterton Hall last year. Bad idea number one - using a 20 yr old MTB. Bad idea number two - take the tequila short cut on every lap to make up time. Good laughs (mostly at my expense) though and at least I didn't come in last. Shame none of this years' series is'nt anywhere near this time around as I had plans to borrow a CdF, thus removing excuse number one.
  • Paul 8v
    Tequila short cut sounds good!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    rubertoe wrote:

I'll b cycling over to the Ally pally round on the 27th of October, its only around the corner from me.

Should be fun.
    Are you racing?

Edit: Rats! Just realised I can't go that day due to other bike and drinking related activities.
  • Oooh, I'm in London that weekend to see Mayer at Wembley. Might have to go to that! Cheers for the heads up.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Should be fun.
    Are you racing?

Edit: Rats! Just realised I can't go that day due to other bike and drinking related activities.

No I'm not, i will be partaking in Belgian beer and frittes, that is why it should be fun.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Paul 8v
    Mmm Belgian beer and frites avec mayonnaise
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Belgian beer and frittes sound like a very good idea. I can't believe I looked at that and considered entering the fun race.
    Beer festival closer to home prevents misbehaviour in the frozen north of London.