Clubs in Herts / Essex?

Foyzy
Foyzy Posts: 38
edited October 2013 in MTB rides
Hi all,

I'm a beginner just getting into XC and would like to join a club for regular weekend group rides. Does anyone know of any good clubs in Herts / Essex that do this (I am in north London). I've been searching online but can't find any that do this. There is just one I have found (essexhertsmtb.co.uk) but the rides seem to be very sporadic and not well attended. Surely there must be some clubs offering regular weekly rides in Epping Forest and herts? Any advice much appreciated,

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• Hey Tom

Welcome to the asylum. I have found clubs a bit hit and miss, there is one near me but very clicky and generally full of sh*t but then again I ride more freeride than xc which probably explains it. Best bet get out and ride and you will eventually meet other riders. I DId just that andI now have a regular group of guys that I ride with, we use Whatsapp and organise through the week. The banter is thick and fast and to be honest it keeps me sane.

Good luck dude
  • zulu12 wrote:
    Hey Tom

Welcome to the asylum. I have found clubs a bit hit and miss, there is one near me but very clicky and generally full of sh*t but then again I ride more freeride than xc which probably explains it. Best bet get out and ride and you will eventually meet other riders. I DId just that andI now have a regular group of guys that I ride with, we use Whatsapp and organise through the week. The banter is thick and fast and to be honest it keeps me sane.

Good luck dude

+1

Join the essexherts forum. Before you know it you will meet some new riders. Not all rides are advertised. Sometimes people prefer riding in small groups than to have group of 15/20 riders. Depending on where you ride, big group are not always welcome. I have joined a couple of years ago, and go riding almost every week. I don't know Epping at all, but I have seen message of new people asking to join rides and they have given details on where to go etc.
    Good luck
    J
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • Hi Jeannot18
    We ride out of Hitchin in North Herts every Sunday morning -see our posting & you are most welcome. HItchin is about 20mins up the A1m from the M25 - maybe too far from you.

There is also a very active group called OTT MTB who ride out of Harpenden -which is south of us & a bit nearer to you. Google them. I have also seen mention of a group of MTBers who ride in the Broxbourne area which is just outside the M25 -and nearer again to you.

Good luck in finding somewhere to ride & give us a shout if you fancy a visit. Lots of gloopy mud around here in the Winter so mud tyres are a must,

Regards - John