another wee rant

gubber12345
gubber12345 Posts: 493
edited September 2013 in Road general
came across a charity cycle today of about 50 riders.now to be fair most of them although riding 2 abreast kept in nicely and allowed everyone to pass nice and safely apart from a couple of tw4ts who insisted on riding on the white line(and I mean on the white line) making life tricky for all the hgv's trying to go past them.

why oh why do they insist on cycling way out there,do they have no care whatsoever for there own safety at all.i myself was driving an hgv and they weren't for flinching one bit as I crawled past them and still they didn't move in....cant believe how some people can be so stupid and irresponsible with there own life,but I bet they were prob the first to say about the trucks passing so close to them....IDIOTS !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lapierre Aircode 300
Merida

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    But did they have helmets on :wink::lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: yeah they did
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    arran77 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: yeah they did

So clearly they could not hear the traffic behind them because of the wind noise generated by the helmets they were wearing. I reckon it is dangerous to wear a helmet when cycling.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Far safer just to wear headphones and not bother with the helmet :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    Far safer just to wear headphones and not bother with the helmet :wink:
    don't forget the blindfold too :P
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • They were not exactly risking their own life by riding that far in the road, it is just rude and inconsiderate, plain and simple. It's the people behind who have to deal with the consequences.
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    A distinct lack of wee in this thread, i'm out
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • Seriously, on or over the white line is just stupidity and i've seen it a lot recently.
    That type of riding activity should be reserved for those on Strava segments.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles