duotrap

pete.b
pete.b Posts: 25
edited September 2013 in Road beginners
hi guys,

just fitted this to my madone and paired to Garmin 500, but the duotrap dose`nt seem to be working there's no red or green light, i have tried trying another magnet right next to the device but still nothing, apart from trying a new battery is there something i`m missing.this is a brand new device.

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I think it's similar to the gsc 10 and is set up in the same way. I have just fitted the former and had similar probs which was because I had not depressed the switch on button enough to make it start. In the end I pushed it right in with a screwdriver rather than my thumb, it flashed red and the started calibrating ok with red and green light when I was pedalling and I was up and running from then
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    No probs with mine. These instructions may be helpful.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Peddle Up! wrote:
    No probs with mine. These instructions may be helpful.

thanks for that, just made me double check everything that i was doing everything right,(which i was).
    but after messing around with the magnets, literally moving them a mm at time they are at last working, such a fine tolerance between working and not.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Well done... Does all seem a bit flimsy, my wheel spin arm on my gsc 10 is vertical because it won't go down without fouling the wheel... Which means at some stage it's going to be ripped but for now it seems to work ok and do what it's designed for
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Well done... Does all seem a bit flimsy, my wheel spin arm on my gsc 10 is vertical because it won't go down without fouling the wheel... Which means at some stage it's going to be ripped but for now it seems to work ok and do what it's designed for

try mounting on the underside of the stay instead of the top, it avoids the risk of the thing getting knocked into the spokes and causing damage or an accident

to get things working this way you may need to get creative with some rare earth magnets and glue
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    sungod wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

try mounting on the underside of the stay instead of the top, it avoids the risk of the thing getting knocked into the spokes and causing damage or an accident

to get things working this way you may need to get creative with some rare earth magnets and glue

The rare earth magnet solution may enable you to move the unit far enough down the stay to give clearance to the arm.

I think I might have to try this as and when I build up my Scott CR1 frame which is clearly tight there. Mind you, that assumes I get a replacement from Garmin as the GSC10 currently is doubling my cadence! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......