TOB in Kendal

Mickyg88
Mickyg88 Posts: 289
edited September 2013 in Pro race
Going to Kendal monday to watch the second stage, is there a chance of Cav winning as in Blackpool, or will he be dropped before Kendal with the Lakeland hills, who else could be there at the finish, just like to hear your thoughts as I'm no expert but love to watch, mostly on TV, and be good to know how it might pan out at the end.
Thanks guys

Comments

• carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    He may struggle up Honister and the finish in Kendal is uphill I think he may struggle...
  • Its a pretty harsh hill for the finish but who knows. I should be there also. Fingers crossed the weather eases enough so they dont cancel the stage :roll:
  • Am I remembering right that he won up the hill into Kendal a few years back?
  • Not sure. The 2011 Kendal - Blackpool stage got cancelled because of high winds. Iam quite close to Kendal and its pretty bad here atm
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Don't remember Cav ever winning in Kendal? Can't see it happening, but who knows!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    durhamwasp wrote:
    Don't remember Cav ever winning in Kendal? Can't see it happening, but who knows!
    He won the bunch sprint there in 2007. But it was only for 2nd place.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • He was 2nd in Kendal 2007, but not a bunch sprint - dropped by the guy he'd been with since Old Hutton shortly before the road into Kendal.
    This time it'll be a very fast descent into Kendal - I'd be surprised if they didn't hit over 50mph on the road from the roundabout down into the town - its a mile or so of reasonably steep. Its a long drag going up!
    Then a sharp right up the hill. Its only a short hill, but it is steep (despite what Strava suggests). I often ride up it on my (short) commute to have a bit of effort - not quick of course.
    If you get there early enough, there's a Sky Ride at 11:15 out to Staveley & back. http://www.goskyride.com/Search/Details?eventid=27508