Canadian GP races *SPOILERS*

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited September 2013 in Pro race
Don`t forget about these two races. GP Quebec today an GP Montreal on Sunday. Each race has been pretty enjoyable and hotly contested with a good startlist.

GP Quebec
Map: http://gpcqm.ca/uploads/pdf/GPC_QC_PARCOURS_EN.pdf
Startlist: http://gpcqm.ca/uploads/pdf/Liste%20des ... %A9bec.pdf

GP Montreal
Map: http://gpcqm.ca/uploads/pdf/GPC_MTL_PARCOURS_EN.pdf
Startlist: http://gpcqm.ca/uploads/pdf/2013%20List ... %20MTL.pdf
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Contador is the Greatest
  • ES2 in 5 mins apparently.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Some very good riders in the startlist for these races, should be entertaining.

Bryan Coquard won the pre-race street sprint competition yesterday:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/coquards-track-acumen-earns-challenge-sprint-pro-victory
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • The race has been on ES 2 for at least 15 minutes.
    The epg on Sky appears to be having issues.
    Dekker and Kwiakowski out - hit by a car.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Enjoyed this from the start ... Some excellent and intelligent commentary
  • Mikey23
    Terpstra away at the bell, Froome, Porte, contador and Sagan lurking at the front
  • Mikey23
    30 secs lead, 6k to go, Froome, Porte and JTL heading the peloton
  • Mikey23
    Thomas not porte
  • Mikey23
    Sagan attacks
  • Mikey23
    Sky dropped, Sagan teasing
  • Mikey23
    Sagan sits up
  • Mikey23
    Gesink ... Great finish
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Just saw the last kms. Did Gesink really outsprint Sagan there? Wow. Looked like a very entertaining finale. What was the rest of the race like?
  • Great race from about 80km out. Earlier 3 were out front but bunch was soft pedalling. BMC lit the blue touch paper - lots of attempts to get away and bunch lined out. Worth watching.

Did Sagan have a mechanical or burn his matches out?
  • Got to love a race won by Gesink! V pleased for him but hope it also translates into peformances later this season.

Sagan was covering a ton of moves and the race had blown everyones legs off so the freshest and cleverest I suppose won out. It is slightly uphill too.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mikey23
    I think Sagan was a little isolated from his team and had to do a lot of work just to stay in contention and it paid in the last 100 m when he just didn't have it and sat up. Cannondale did their best for him but they ain't in the same class. Others contenders seemed surprised. Good race but seventeen laps Around the same circuit got a bit tedious i think and the first sixteen were fairly pedestrian. Some great insights into the riders and prospects for the world champs in the boring bits. Don't ask me who the commentators were, wasn't Carlton ...
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Some great insights into the riders and prospects for the world champs in the boring bits. Don't ask me who the commentators were, wasn't Carlton ...

Rob Hatch and Brian Smith.

I thought it was a pretty good race. I like watching the earlier laps, even if there isn't much going on. I usually watch the entire Worlds road race if I can.

Race result makes you wonder if Gesink should forget the Grand Tours and concentrate a bit more on single day racing.
  • Pretty solid set of fast men Gesink beat in the top ten.

9738966142_e053d30182_b.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited September 2013
    Very exciting race this is so far. Sky were trying to string the bunch out and bring back the guys up front then they caused a crash and JTL and Porte had to abandon. Kwia caught in the crash. Froome distanced as a result. Saxo now drilling it and the factory boys fail to bridge and so Froome is also out of it for now.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 36ks (3 laps) left and riders are trying to get clear. Geraint smoked.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Andy dropped as the pace gets ferocious.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Sagan is in the 2nd half of the Saxo induced peloton split. Bamn bamn bamn.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Six riders now clear.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Shame Contador has been doing all these 1 day races lately instead of the Vuelta. Show yourself man at least.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Actually 7 riders including Oss, Cunego and Kolobnev.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 30 secs with two laps to race.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Hmm Cannondale leading the chase...either it wasnt Sagan or the group bridged.
    Contador is the Greatest