Zee Derailleur Installation

aidso
aidso Posts: 493
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Can anyone see what is wrong with this setup, please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMDZUw4rZ6g

I have the derailleur tight with the little nipple above the hanger. The gold switch is in the "On" position and the chain is threaded through it and the front chain ring. When I turn the crank its as if there is something stuck and stopping the chain feeding through. (The squeak is just the rotor on the brake).

Comments

• aidso
    Additional info if it helps:
    10 spd 11-36 cassette.
    Zee FR
    10 spd chain
    32 tooth front ring
    New gear cable
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It will always feel stiff to turn in top gear, does the wheel spin freely if you push the tyre?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • aidso
    Yeah wheel seems to spin OK. Its either the chain or the derailleur from what I can see
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What happens in lowest gear? Turning it with your hand in top gear does feel very stiff.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • aidso
    FML!
    I should get my own YouTube channel - you know like that guy who teaches fishing but he falls out of the boat and snaps the rod in his pickup door. SMH.
    The pin on the chain-link was bent and not attached properly and was sticking in the lower jockey wheel. Job sorted. I've a 9spd shifter for a 10spd setup...*groan*.