Cannondale Supersix Evo hi-mod Di2 2013.

bristolpete
bristolpete Posts: 2,255
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
After a spell of redundancy I got an almost decent payout. Banked the cash and looked for work, have since picked up a job with an aeroplane company testing wings with digital kit and doubled my money and have more time off work so funny how things work out. :D (never give up hope).

Picked this up as a sale price as one of the last 2013 54cm framesets/builds left in the UK. Had been in a box since December 27th 2012 according to the warranty card. Anyway, its a really good bike, better than my legs for sure. Super stiff, very fast, incredibly light and actually does everything really, really well. The only caveat I can label at the bike is I was convinced to downsize due to the Cannondales riding big, but for me the jury is out on the fit as I have fettled a longer stem onto the bike and cant dial it in with my usual data as the headtube is pretty short. I normally run 170mm and these stock cranks are 172.5 but they are super stiff and super light. Out of the box the bike is a staggering 14lb on the nose. Will have a further fettle and see where I can get it but almost wish I had bought a 56cm to accommodate my longer torso. 53/39 ~ 11 speed is lovely though...!

9479549990_ff34b28f44_z.jpg

9479541798_882604b18f_z.jpg

9476742427_07e847fa03_z.jpg

Comments

• Stunning !!
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • This frame will be my next bike, those cranks are the dogs bollix.
    Exalith rims set off everything nicely.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Nice. Is it ok to lower the stem like that, Cannondale say not to ?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • antfly wrote:

It uses a unique bung which is set up correctly. You can actually adjust it - like and an expanding wedge but with adjustable length.
  • This frame will be my next bike, those cranks are the dogs bollix.
    Exalith rims set off everything nicely.

You are not wrong. It really is a very capable machine.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    antfly wrote:

It uses a unique bung which is set up correctly. You can actually adjust it - like and an expanding wedge but with adjustable length.
    Oh, that's interesting. Is that different from the supersix, do you know ?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • antfly wrote:
    antfly wrote:

Oh, that's interesting. Is that different from the supersix, do you know ?

No idea sorry.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Lovely bike and well done with the job.
  • focuz
    focuz Posts: 150
    Dayum. Looks so nice.
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    A longer stem on that beautiful bit of kit , and you'll look like Peter Sagan II.
  • 6wheels wrote:
    A longer stem on that beautiful bit of kit , and you'll look like Peter Sagan II.

Yeah twice as old and twice as heavy. Slapped a 120 on it tuesday.
  • Probably the most beautiful bike I have ever seen. Ride her with pride.
  • Very Nice Build Sir! :D

Truly Handsome Evo!
  • Stunning! And what a great paint job 8)
    tick - tick - tick
  • What a machine! Great news about the job too.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Want! And good work on the new job, similarly between employment myself (hence all my posting on here at the moment!)
    Music, beer, sport, repeat...
  • I like that.
  • Congrats on all fronts! That thing is amazing. I'd like a 56 for racing.

What's wrong with the fit? What are your key measurements (saddle height, reach, drop, inseam, etc.) from your old bike. I'm sure a few of the armchair fitters on here can at least make some reasoned suggestions. You don't have to follow any of it of course...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Congrats on all fronts! That thing is amazing. I'd like a 56 for racing.

What's wrong with the fit? What are your key measurements (saddle height, reach, drop, inseam, etc.) from your old bike. I'm sure a few of the armchair fitters on here can at least make some reasoned suggestions. You don't have to follow any of it of course...

Dialled it in, just feels totally different to previous bikes which were compact geo. just a very short ht.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Great looking bit of kit!
  • Gorgeous bike!

I notice you have the seat post pin thing the other way round - the screw facing the bars, is that just for aesthetics?
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Got an up to date pic?:-)
  • Nice ride pete, bought myself a six evo team liquidgas at the end of last year , like yourself was riding a s works Tarmac before , I've been amazed just how much better the cannondale rides ,I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine :D
  • 6wheels wrote:
    Got an up to date pic?:-)

Nothings changed of a couple of weeks aside from stem.
  • Nice ride pete, bought myself a six evo team liquidgas at the end of last year , like yourself was riding a s works Tarmac before , I've been amazed just how much better the cannondale rides ,I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine :D

I hear you but to be honest I thought the Tarmac is a stunning bike and whist I appreciate the evo the symantecs of these high end bikes is they are usually better than the rider. :D But as an example did a fast 40 a couple of days ago and was amazed how this bike accelerates when seated so yep definitely a great machine.