Replacing smashed up SLX levers

mattbell
mattbell Posts: 203
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I went over the handlebars, took the tops off my slx levers including the bleed valve. I've looked at the shimano parts list, sadly looks like i've f*cked them.

Just looking online at replacements, either SLX, Deore XT or spotted these Zee ones going cheap. I've got 2013 SLX on my bike.

Does it matter what I go for?

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/2 ... Lever.html

Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    All are compatable, most parts are available seperately, look at the techdocs and see the part number and go to a Shimano dealer....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Top caps and bleed port screws are available to buy separately. But without seeing the levers it is not possible to say anything else is damaged.

Part numbers are 8VL 0510 and 8VL 0610 for right and left lids then 8VJ 9801 for the bleed port screw so you would need two of these.
  • mister p wrote:
    Top caps and bleed port screws are available to buy separately. But without seeing the levers it is not possible to say anything else is damaged.

Part numbers are 8VL 0510 and 8VL 0610 for right and left lids then 8VJ 9801 for the bleed port screw so you would need two of these.

The whole aluminium housing is damaged sadly. I've ordered some xt's for £25 each which is probably cheaper than the parts! Thanks for the help
  • The Rookie
    Good price, do you have a link?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Good price, do you have a link?

Have a look on fatbirds.co.uk
  • The Rookie
    SLX or Zee at sub £30 each (not quite £25), no XT!
  • The Rookie wrote:

I'll see if I can find the link when I'm off my
    iPhone. 25.99 for xt's
  • I've got a set of unused Deore shifters with indicators from my FSR XC pro if that's any help?
    2010 Specialized FSR XC Pro - XTR group set
    2013 Boardman Team Carbon - Std, for now ;)
  • The Rookie
    Really aren't going to work hydraulic brakes very well are they?
  • The Rookie wrote:

Here you go http://www.fatbirds.co.uk/3342/products ... liver.aspx
  • The Rookie
    Thanks, not sure why it was invisible to searches!