any of you orible shower work with Power steering racks ?

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited September 2013 in The Crudcatcher
i am looking for a non standard one.

either original modded or a custom one made up.

if anyone knows or can do let me know.

more info later.
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• Wah?
  • nicklouse
    yes engines can sound like that.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • With a questioning pitch towards the end as well? Cool.
  • nicklouse
    Wah? WWWAAAHH? ?HHhhhhaaaaawwwww!
  • By "powerstering" I take it you mean "power steering"?

Here's a nice rack for you though:
    Big-Boobs.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,419
    Power steering rack for what exactly ? I mean there's power steering racks and there's power steering racks.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nicklouse
    found somewhere and a quote has been requested.

as has a manual rack as i have found an electric power steering kit so lets see.

for a possible project.

that might involve engines the wrong way round and upside down gearboxes. and 3 seats (Centeral driving position).
  • pinno
    You can get a power steering rack off just about any vehicle. I would choose an engine with the matching power steering rack because it will all fit together and the pump and hydraulic lines are al in the right place.

Engines up side down for any length of time don't fair well. The sump is where the oil is sucked up by the oil pump and if the oil is lying on the underside of the piston, then it will burn.
    If the sump is empty 'cos its upside down, then it will overheat very quickly. Its a tricky thing unless you buy an aircraft engine.
    Why do you intend to have your engine upside down? Is this a 3 seater stunt plane/garage job project?

A Mazda rotary engine is a possibility.
  • nicklouse
    never said anything about upside down engines.

but to sum up you cnat mod a rack can you? so no help there.
  • Pretty sure he was talking about gearboxes being upside down. Plus, I'm pretty sure that out of everyone here, nicklouse knows what he's doing when building a car!

Back on topic, here's another rack:
    P-356437-q98cvzf2Vq-1.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pinno
    Pretty sure he was talking about gearboxes being upside down. Plus, I'm pretty sure that out of everyone here, nicklouse knows what he's doing when building a car!

He can't be the only fekker with an idea about motors and stuff. I had no knowledge about Nicklouse's off the bike exploits. So if he didn't hold his cards so close to his chest and actually told us what the project is and what modification he wants to do with a steering rack, then maybe I could help. I also know quite a few deft blokes who would know if I didn't.

Just for the record - Some of my work:

This:

8674019735_61a00fca39_z.jpg

To this:

8674020879_9ff4951833_z.jpg

...and this:

8473790072_7e7d218ea6_c.jpg
  • You turned a lawn mower into a Merc? That is pretty impressive!
    Nicklouse keeps his projects to his chest because they're so awesome, he waits to show us the end result so we can all go off for a quick walk outside. He's forever tinkering or racing something.

Here's another rack for you Nick:
    macy_sky_129.jpg
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pinno
    You turned a lawn mower into a Merc? That is pretty impressive!
    Nicklouse keeps his projects to his chest because they're so awesome, he waits to show us the end result so we can all go off for a quick walk outside. He's forever tinkering or racing something.

Here's another rack for you Nick:

Oh alright, for feck sake...

Have another bloody rack and have done with it. In fact have a pair of them:

damn.jpg