Public Spirited Youths

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
"A group of revellers in a Lincolnshire town were caught by CCTV cameras as they fixed a bike rack on a night out."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-24047706

Must be cyclists :lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    This is probably classes as a good night out in Lincolnshire. :D
    Would it be a total shock, if these lads turned out to be migrant farm workers, and not local youths.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Ballysmate wrote:
    This is probably classes as a good night out in Lincolnshire. :D
    Would it be a total shock, if these lads turned out to be migrant farm workers, and not local youths.

The Daily Mail would class it as immigrants conspiring with cyclists to lower house prices
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Only 4 minutes to discuss a strategy? Clearly way too speedy and efficient to ever find employment for the council then.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Nah!! They were trying to Nick it so they could weigh it in.

A mate who works at a metal re-cycling plant here in Newark, Rang the police once when a local youth wearing jeans, vest and wellies showed up with a Giant TCR complete with race numbers and clip in pedals, just after the Southwell Tri.

I don't know if he was more gutted that he'd been caught with a stolen bike or the fact that the Plank didn't even realise it was feckin Carbon.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I think the youths were so intoxicated they couldn't see the bike rack was already bent, as they tried to vandalise it and inadvertently straightened it out.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    ben@31 wrote:
    I think the youths were so intoxicated they couldn't see the bike rack was already bent, as they tried to vandalise it and inadvertently straightened it out.

I think you're right, however I can see this becoming a national craze - find some damaged street furniture, bend it back into shape/place, film it and put on YouTube...

They'll be filling potholes next.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Vandals rebuild infrastructure. I like it. :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    [A rational theory]
    I think FWIW, these blokes if you look at them closely, are weightlifters or body builders and they were just showing off their muscular prowess.
    I also think that the one in the middle really fancied the munter in the black dress and thought that if he really impressed, he'd get laid.

[Rather more fun theory in the spirit of Cake Stop]

Bloke in Green Shirt works for the council. Bloke in white shirt spotted bloke in green shirt whilst driving earlier in the day.
    Bloke in white shirt got over excited about seeing his friend and swerved into bike rack.
    Bloke in Green shirt commandeers 3 mates and white shirt (white van driver) to straighten out the bike rack 'cos he's worried about loosing his job.

[Completely off the rail theory]
    Bloke in brown shirt wants a new set of bull bars for his trattor and thought...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    [A rational theory]
    I think FWIW, these blokes if you look at them closely, are weightlifters or body builders and they were just showing off their muscular prowess.
    I also think that the one in the middle really fancied the munter in the black dress and thought that if he really impressed, he'd get laid.

[Rather more fun theory in the spirit of Cake Stop]

Bloke in Green Shirt works for the council. Bloke in white shirt spotted bloke in green shirt whilst driving earlier in the day.
    Bloke in white shirt got over excited about seeing his friend and swerved into bike rack.
    Bloke in Green shirt commandeers 3 mates and white shirt (white van driver) to straighten out the bike rack 'cos he's worried about loosing his job.

[Completely off the rail theory]
    Bloke in brown shirt wants a new set of bull bars for his trattor and thought...

I'm liking the final option, I modified it a bit though...

Bloke in brown shirt wants a new set of bull bars for his trattor and thought he'd rip them off to impress the munter in the black dress so he'd get laid, which he did, trouble was 'she' turned out to be a ladyboy from Croydon :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    ben@31 wrote:

:D great theory