Do you remember?

lbalony
lbalony Posts: 301
edited September 2013 in MTB general
Back in the 90's (early) everyone had a crud catcher at the front, but the rear was on a ball joint and came with reflective stickers. It flipped up at the rear and a sticker with two eyes was usually placed here. Does any obe know what these rear guards was called?

Comments

• Was it a Crud Guard? It's going to annoy me now, and I've got one in the garage somewhere

Edit - This is the Crud Guard:
    http://www.crudproducts.com/history/1994

However, that doesn't have the balljoint you mention and it's not the one I have. The balljoint allowed you to adjust the angle of the mudguard
  • I know what you mean, because it allowed me to hang on to the back of it whilst off to the side of the bike (pedalled by my brother) as I was on my skateboard :) that would make it a late 80s product though
  • lbalony
    Croptonboy wrote:
    Was it a Crud Guard? It's going to annoy me now, and I've got one in the garage somewhere

Edit - This is the Crud Guard:
    http://www.crudproducts.com/history/1994

However, that doesn't have the balljoint you mention and it's not the one I have. The balljoint allowed you to adjust the angle of the mudguard

No, a bit similar. it was a black thing that flicked up at the rear. Had like fox eyes and other stickers in that silver spinny reflective stuff. Its killing me not remembering lol!!! Everyone had one. Had it on my Raleigh max ha. Fox guard maybe. But not the fox brand I dont think. When I hear it i'll know.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Wolf guard or wulf guard they were. I never had one but I remember them, they were too short to be any good iirc.

Edit: these?

2010_1021FS0014.jpg
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • lbalony
    prawny wrote:
    Wolf guard or wulf guard they were. I never had one but I remember them, they were too short to be any good iirc.

Edit: these?

2010_1021FS0014.jpg

OMG LOL!!! Thats it! WolfGuard!! Cheers!!
  • Yes! Wolf Guard. Thanks for putting me out of my misery prawny! :)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Sometimes, my autistic traits have a use :D (For the easily offended at least one of my children is on the spectrum and there's a chance it's hereditary)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017