Vuelta stage 17 *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,582
    That was great. The final 20km reminded me of this year's TdF stage to Lyon.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Sounds like a great stage again. Almost every one has been good at this year's Vuelta.

Mollema's first GT stage win apparently... and another second for EBH...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,451
    I do wonder if Tyler Farrar's father, grandfather and great-grandfather were also named Tyler Farrar. That would explain the frequency of the phrase, "Tyler Farrar Fourth."
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    YES BAU!

Wow how early did he go? He looked deeply in the red with 500m still to go. Took full advantage of the echelons earlier as well as the poker game in the group.
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    YES BAU!

Wow how early did he go? He looked deeply in the red with 500m still to go. Took full advantage of the echelons earlier as well as the poker game in the group.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Sounds like a great stage again. Almost every one has been good at this year's Vuelta.

Mollema's first GT stage win apparently... and another second for EBH...

*sigh*
  • Great stage. Saxo turned the screw again in an echelon situation. loved it!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Jens Voigt in the pundit chair on ~ITV4 tomorrow!
    @JaunePeril

• Roche's accent is bizarre.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Roche's accent is bizarre.

Franco/Irish always sounds a bit like a stroke victim to me.
    @JaunePeril

• alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,582
    Jens Voigt in the pundit chair on ~ITV4 tomorrow!

Maggie B Thurs & Fri.

Jensie Sat & Sun.

Will he say anything controversial about an old man at the top of GC?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    What a complete and utter hash the 'sprinters' made of that finish, playing a game of follow my leader as Mollema rode away from them.

Great riding by Saxo, it's a shame they gained so little. Would have been nice if one or two of the top 3 had got caught out.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,451
    Pross wrote:
    What a complete and utter hash the 'sprinters' made of that finish, playing a game of follow my leader as Mollema rode away from them.

Mollema was very intelligent in the timing of his move, as the remaining few sprinters had used up their few team-mates in keeping the field together for a sprint, so when he went there was no team with the numbers left to try and close him down. None of the sprinters moved because there was 700 metres to go, if any one of them had gone then all they would have done was lead out the others.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Well that was a lot more interesting than it could have been. In was expecting another "ECHELONS, this is NOT a drill" announcement like in the TDF :)
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Pross wrote:

Exactly. Dimwitted sheep mentality meant Mollema took it easily.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Well that was a lot more interesting than it could have been. In was expecting another "ECHELONS, this is NOT a drill" announcement like in the TDF :)

Been a good year for echelons.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I just love the way they just rip the whole race wide open, great fun!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Roche's accent is bizarre.

Have you ever heard his Dad?

Have to say I'm delighted for him, he's really showing guts and racing smarts in this Vuelta. Would absolute love it if he manages to get on the podium.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Timoid. wrote:
    Roche's accent is bizarre.

Have you ever heard his Dad?

Have to say I'm delighted for him, he's really showing guts and racing smarts in this Vuelta. Would absolute love it if he manages to get on the podium.

He almost cant believe where he's at right now! I hope he makes the podium too