Shimano rotors & Avid Elixir calipers

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Got a new bike that has Avid Elixir 7 calipers running on Avid HS1 rotors. However the front is only a 160mm and as I am a bit of a porker the 160mm feels a bit underpowered. I have a 180mm Shimano RT76 rotor this one Shimano RT76 and I was wondering if the Elixir is compatible with the Shimano rotor. I cant see it being a problem but just wanted to check with the Shimano rotor being a different design to the Avid rotor. The fork is a 29er Rockshox SID RL post mount.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if it does not catch the caliper on the rivets it will be fine. as you have it try it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stubs
    Cheers got the adaptor on order from CRC for £5.99 so no biggie if its not compatible but just wanted to check
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    Got everything set up with the 180mm Shimano RT76 rotor and its fine plenty of clearance for the rivets and alu spider. I also tried a 160mm Shimano RT76 rotor on the back but that doesnt work the spider catches the bottom of the caliper.