Riis says Contador is staying

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited September 2013 in Pro race
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/09/news/riis-says-contador-staying-put-despite-speculation-of-alonso-move_302230
Spanish media have been stirring the waters this week, reporting that Contador could bolt Saxo following the electrifying news that Alonso was saving Euskaltel-Euskadi, and taking over its racing license for 2014.

Riis, however, said that talk is pure rumor mongering from the press corps.

Comments

• mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    If Riis had any nouse he would sell him to the new team. Contador is very much yesterdays man, unless he can find a way to "prepare" without getting caught.
  • mike6 wrote:
    If Riis had any nouse he would sell him to the new team. Contador is very much yesterdays man, unless he can find a way to "prepare" without getting caught.

I think you may be surprised ;-) However, it would be interesting to see him in Alonso's team.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Alonso has to consider his how his own reputation would be affected should one of his cyclists be caught up in a doping scandal. Not good.....
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Bo Duke wrote:
    Alonso has to consider his how his own reputation would be affected should one of his cyclists be caught up in a doping scandal. Not good.....

Talking of whom...Alonso had an OOC visit from the testers yesterday morning...Welcome to cycling, Fernando...
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Also note that Alonso is unsettled at Ferrari (with Raikkonen's arrival) and that may change is view on his career over the next couple of years...
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Also note that Alonso is unsettled at Ferrari (with Raikkonen's arrival) and that may change is view on his career over the next couple of years...

Alonso likes to be the No 1 Driver. Does not react well to a team mate going faster. Remember how he threw his toys out the cot when Hamilton was given free rein at McClaren.

Would not want Contador on the team.