Sniff, will have to put the summer bike away...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,330
edited September 2013 in The bottom bracket
Now that the nights are drawing in, its soon time to put the summer bike away and bring out the Dutch ladies Hockey team.

Bye heat wave, bye long summer evenings...sniff..sob... where's my passport?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    It's a bit like when the Blue Peter presenters put George the tortoise away each year.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • paul_mck
    paul_mck Posts: 1,058
    dont be such a pussy. it aint winter yet!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    You've been riding the Dutch ladies hockey team all 'summer' up in scootland haven't you :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Well I had to look for a long sleeve jersey today for the first time in over 3 months and put the duvet back on the bed this afternoon. Best summer for many a year here and yet you still want a little bit more, guess that's human nature! Might buy some winter ales tomorrow to console myself.
  • arran77
    There'll be couples all over the country arguing about when the heating can go on :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    There'll be couples all over the country arguing about when the heating can go on :roll:

Ha ha! Had that very conversation when I got home from work tonight!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    great, it's time to get the summer bike out, it will soon be cool enough to go out in the afternoons too :twisted:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    simonhead wrote:
    It's a bit like when the Blue Peter presenters put George the tortoise away each year.

They're not fooling me, that fecking "rock" hasn't moved for 30 years. :lol:

Sadly, I missed a lot of the summer riding due to having my appendix out in mid-June, I was just getting the hang of it too.

The older I get, the better I was.

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Capt Slog wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

They're not fooling me, that ******* "rock" hasn't moved for 30 years. :lol:

Sadly, I missed a lot of the summer riding due to having my appendix out in mid-June, I was just getting the hang of it too.

Keyhole or full gut and shut?
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Now that the nights are drawing in, its soon time to put the summer bike away
    I don't get this summer/winter bike thing. I have one bike and I will ride it all year round :wink:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    simonhead wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

They're not fooling me, that ******* "rock" hasn't moved for 30 years. :lol:

Keyhole or full gut and shut?

was keyhole, three of them, one for the camera and the other two for the knife and fork. They don't look a lot from the outside but they have to tunnel through a lot of muscle to get there, which is both of the problems; because they look like nothing much, it's easy to forget the second point.

I was off the bike for 8 weeks.

The older I get, the better I was.

• We do have some nice days September ya know. Couple of years back the whole last week of it was in the high 20's. That was a fortnight after I'd put my Sunday best away.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    gavinl1967 wrote:
    I don't get this summer/winter bike thing. I have one bike and I will ride it all year round :wink:

^this^

Not all of us can afford more than one bike, remember that!!
  • arran77
    crispybug2 wrote:
    gavinl1967 wrote:

^this^

Not all of us can afford more than one bike, remember that!!

You'll probably find that most of us who have a wet weather and dry weather bike do because we kept an old bike when a new one was purchased so not really a case of being able to afford :wink:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    gavinl1967 wrote:
    Now that the nights are drawing in, its soon time to put the summer bike away

Yes, but you're not a proper glass cranking tart like me.

Why a winter bike?
    Salt, grit, rain and mucky roads wreak havoc on your bits. I hope to keep my campag record 11 on the summer steed tip-top for years.
    My winter bike is fitted with lights and crudcatchers which tend to scratch and mark parts of the bike.
    It is much more genial to ride in a group in winter when you have CC's.
    My winter bike is heavy and when you jump back on the summer bike...

...and with A77, Yes, my winter bike is a collection of old bits that I never sold on and ageing bits off the summer bike will keep the winter one going in an eternal cycle until a seriously strong cheddar milk tanker spreads me thin accross the tarmac one dark windy winter night. I have only spent £2k since 2007 on bike bits/frames etc. All my hoops and both frames were second hand. Thats only 400 squiddles a year.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!