onone whippet + chain device

cobby1970
cobby1970 Posts: 450
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I,m wanting a chain device for my onone whippet , its running a 2 x 9 slx crank set up
Does the device mount on the same plate as the front mech? And what device is best suited to the job?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    there are some direct mount top guides
    http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/ ... s3-e-mount
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thats only any good if you,re running a single ring on the front and therefore don,t require the front mech
  • nicklouse
    exactly.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Why would you want a top guide in the same place as the mech, that's only possible in the virtual world, in the real one can't coexist in the same phyiscal space.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse wrote:
    exactly.

If you read my original post it states i,m running 2 x 9 so why would I want to remove the front mech? Or are you saying thats the only option?
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Why would you want a top guide in the same place as the mech, that's only possible in the virtual world, in the real one can't coexist in the same phyiscal space.

I never said I wanted a top guide I said I wanted a chain guide and the only place I can imagine one would fit is onto one of the direct mounts
    I,m unable to use a bb mount as its a push fit
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You can't run one with a mech - the mech is the chain device.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bionicon-c-gu ... 0941136634

Just found this, probably not the best looking thing but I doubt theres many other options out there
  • nicklouse
    Yep that just about all you have a choice of as you have a frame that is not designed to work with any devices.

Other than something that would use any existing mount points such as the front mech. But then you could not have a front mech.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What are you actually trying to achieve and why?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.