Taking a pi$$

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
When did it become OK to jump off your bike and simply stand by the roadside to take a pi$$? I've seen far too many examples of this lately, including three cyclists doing it in the outskirts of a village.

Is it that hard to look out for a farm gate or track? Why do it? Exhibitionism? Laziness?

It isn't big, and it isn't clever and it gets cyclists a bad name.

[Yes I know the isn't big bit sets up some smart Alec replies.]
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    I blame Paula Radcliffe.

Actually I know what you mean, its pretty poor form and certainly would find somewhere a bit more suitable. That said I found a track to go up recently and had to stop mid flow when a group of what looked like the WI came round the corner blackberrying.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I agree.. And I bet its the same ones who jump red lights, wear headphones and don't wear helmets...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I agree.. And I bet its the same ones who jump red lights, wear headphones and don't wear helmets...

:shock:

Helmets and weeing in the same thread, this needs to be moved to BB :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Your mind ...
  • I always endevour to find a secluded place if caught short. Inevitably I've been on a quiet lane and not seen a vehicle for ages, stop for leak and it's the signal for it to turn into a bloomin' motorway :roll:

There was a rider in todays stage of the vuelta stood having a wee at the side of the road and another rider ran into him, ouch!
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Your mind ...

No, I don't mind, some on here will though :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    I always endevour to find a secluded place if caught short. Inevitably I've been on a quiet lane and not seen a vehicle for ages, stop for leak and it's the signal for it to turn into a bloomin' motorway :roll:

There was a rider in todays stage of the vuelta stood having a wee at the side of the road and another rider ran into him, ouch!

Sorry but your taking the P**s :mrgreen: .....thats hilarious.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Roadside is bit lazy, agree. Though, there's of course nothing more natural than taking a p'iss in the nature. I went absolutely mental on this guy a couple of months ago when he was having a go at me when I had a p'iss in the woods when I was out for jog.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Well Peddle up lives in the posh Cotswolds and whilst we're all used to the locals piddling in the gutter at all times of day, its just not the done thing in poshland.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I suspect most farmers would rather cyclists pi$$ed at random places by the roadside instead of on their gates.
    More problems but still living....
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Well Peddle up lives in the posh Cotswolds and whilst we're all used to the locals piddling in the gutter at all times of day, its just not the done thing in poshland.

Actually, the posh folk tend to spend most of their time pi$$ing on the peasants, as my damp scalp will testify. :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I've twice now seen people who don't even get all the way off their bike to do it. Stop at the side of the road, one foot down, let the hedgerow have it. I suppose I should just be grateful that they choose the hedge side.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    It's part of the "I'm a proper cyclist" thing. Because they've seen it in coverage of high level events, they think that doing the same makes them 'high level' too.

It does get cyclists a bad name. Peeing at the roadside is one of things mentioned in a recent spat between cyclists and objectors during an event this year, was it some sort of sportive in the Forest of Dean or the New Forest?

The older I get, the better I was.

• On the flip side to this, my normal training runs keeps me quite close to civilisation. I was out from 2pm to 5pm last night and passed no fewer than six public conveniences that were all locked shut, could you please suggest where else I could relieve myself so I know if the need arises...?
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    I always endevour to find a secluded place if caught short. Inevitably I've been on a quiet lane and not seen a vehicle for ages, stop for leak and it's the signal for it to turn into a bloomin' motorway :roll:

Sorry but your taking the P**s :mrgreen: .....thats hilarious.

no, he's told you, it was the rider in the Vuelta who was taking the p*ss
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    On the way back from Filey a couple of weeks back we saw a big Jag parked nose in to a farm track. There was a hedge at the far side of the car but none on the near side. Enough cover to be discrete. Which is not what the girl, stood in front of the bonnet of the car in full view of the westbound traffic, pulling up her knickers was.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    Capt Slog wrote:
    It's part of the "I'm a proper cyclist" thing. Because they've seen it in coverage of high level events, they think that doing the same makes them 'high level' too.

It does get cyclists a bad name. Peeing at the roadside is one of things mentioned in a recent spat between cyclists and objectors during an event this year, was it some sort of sportive in the Forest of Dean or the New Forest?

[Warning: Off Topic]

My friend and I was invited to a gig in Cinderford. It was a dodgy gig and a dodgy band. Our mutual friend was used to playing fantasic Django/Grappelli jazz at the 7am Waldorf breakfast club but was resigned to backing up dodgy bands in the in-between times.
    We got to the Rugby Club and without opening our mouths, someone very short with thick set eyebrows said
    "You've cum to the wrong plaice - gow nehext doooor"
    We went nehext door.
    Before opening our mouths at the front desk, a short woman with thick set eyebrows said
    "Yew must be Vickers fre-endz, on ye gow"

The intermission came, which was a relief and Vickers introduced us to the leader of this band called Country Wine - bastardised later on by Vickers and I to - Cuntry Whine.
    "Hellow, 'ow u doin'?"
    "Fyne" I sais in my bestest Glaaasestershire accent.
    "D'ya get 'ere oright?"
    "Yes" said I "But we did have a little problem which is why we was late"
    "What was thaaaat then?"
    "We ended up a cul-de-sac and it took a whole 'our to turn 'orse and cart aroun'"

...Well, all I can say is that I am alive to tell the tale.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Why is it acceptable for dogs to p!ss on the streets but not cyclists?
  • arran77
    GiantMike wrote:
    Why is it acceptable for dogs to p!ss on the streets but not cyclists?

And ladies of a pregnant persuasion :lol:

seanoconn
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    In Germany it seems it's OK to do it in the street unless things have changed recently. :)