Santa Cruz SOLO date in the UK

tobamory
tobamory Posts: 101
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Ok so ive ordered one, but on ringing around the shops I get differing stories. Obviously im excited but I can wait, but I wondered if anybody actually had info on when the shops should be getting them in the UK

Both Stif and Ubyk only have demos and are awaiting stock.. I see the USA has them ok, but then they come from there :)

Rob

Stif are the UK Santa Cruz so I learned, but even they were unsure.

Stif .... Should be soon ( soon could be a long time LOL ) better keep shining my Old School Grifter
UBYK..... October but don't hold ya breath this side of xmas :shock:

Comments

• wow over 100 views.

is the bike like the Mary Celeste, suppose I,ll just wait for the email.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Late October I heard.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    My 2014 bike is coming November, I would assume it would be similar although Santa Cruz aren't that reliable on dates..
  • SC it would seem have been snowed under by the demand for the latest models. I guess that's down to the fact they are so good. It will be well worth the wait.
  • Just an update I get it next week.

The frames have come in but there was a kind of mess up with the build packs, although most of the gear from the 2013 is the same the brakes are now shimano deore as opposed to avid 5s

I could wait another 6 weeks for the next shipment or just have avid 5s, as I'm like a dog with two willies I went avid 5s but the brakes are pretty much what I'm changing first anyway to hopes.

Also I did upgrade to rocks hock with kashima coating, but as these are also on back order they did me a free upgrade to fox 140mm factory top of the line forks with kashima, so not such a bad thing....

I,ll enclose some pictures when it comes, the rest of the hardware is the same as quoted on the build.