Worst flaming eatery.

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited September 2013 in The bottom bracket
Given the Nando's and Chiquitos threads thought it needed would be worth running a pole to see what was most loathed.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    I'm guessing its either dependant on where about's in the country you live, or I don't get out enough, 'cause I've never heard of five of your options :oops:
    And I was going to vote for McD's but it doesn't seem to be there :shock:

Edit; Asking about it in work, it seems I don't get out enough :cry:
  • simonhead
    Sorry I didnt include Maccas, I went for stuff that is typically around the same price and has some sort of level of table service. I surprised myself actually, was going to put down Jimmy Spices wich is consistantly Shite, however went for La Tasca which is more frustrating as its intermitantly rubbish and the service is always bad.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,546
    I've only been to Pizza Express (which I generally like but probably a bit over-priced) and Nandos which I find OK but limited and again not really worth what you pay.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Only ever been to Pizza Express and Ask on that list, even then I'd prefer somewhere independent rather some homogenized chain :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    ASK, what a croc, though there's not much difference between the lot IMO.
    They're all have the same bland, slightly overpriced, not bad/not good mehness about them.
    I think I choose ASK as Italian is my fave food, and they just make it sooooooo dull.
    That's said, I think la tascas patatas bravas is worst thing I have ever eaten.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    only been to Pizza express out of that lot. and that was 20 years ago.....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Not been to any of those, not even pizza express :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I've never heard of five of those either and I thought it was already decided Frankie and Benny's was the worst?
  • simonhead
    Sorry added frankly and Jenny's and it wiped all the answers
  • GBK is rotten and hygiene is questionable on the occasions that I have been obliged to visit.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    They're all dreadfull.

Wouldn't want to eat in any of them, ever.
  • Frankie and Benny's. Will never ever eat there again. Would rather go hungry than give them my money. Too many bad experiences.
  • I want Frankie and Benny management to "sleep with da fishes", its so bad.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    arran77 wrote:
    Only ever been to Pizza Express and Ask on that list, even then I'd prefer somewhere independent rather some homogenized chain :)
    Pizza Express on Kingston High Street has a proper Italian next door that does great pizzas. The Pizza Express is often rammed when the place next door is virtually empty.
    I suppose a lot of people are scared of trying something different, does seem odd.
  • simonhead
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Pizza Express on Kingston High Street has a proper Italian next door that does great pizzas. The Pizza Express is often rammed when the place next door is virtually empty.
    I suppose a lot of people are scared of trying something different, does seem odd.

Al Forno? Proper Italian - great Calamaris and good pizzas.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    simonhead wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Al Forno? Proper Italian - great Calamaris and good pizzas.
    Exactly, but don't tell everyone. The large pizzas are also big enough to satisfy my ever growing son, equivalent to about 3 from Pizza Express.
  • simonhead
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Exactly, but don't tell everyone. The large pizzas are also big enough to satisfy my ever growing son, equivalent to about 3 from Pizza Express.

I wont mention a word, i dont mind pizza express they are at least consistent but always so bleeding noisy because of the flooring and amount of young kids in there.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Same as where we live, there is a Pizza Express and next door is a proper independent Italian restaurant, difference is the independent one is always rammed, we choose the later any day :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Harvester.

Followed by KFC.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • simonhead
    Interesting late couple of votes for Jimmy Spices.

I did make the mistake of getting Harry Ramsdens the other day...........flaming awful
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    simonhead wrote:

I did make the mistake of getting Harry Ramsdens the other day...........flaming awful

It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it!!
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Don't know most if the places listed.

Nandos are way over rated, F&Bs don't deserve any business at all.

Pizza Express are passable.
  • Only real complaint I have about Pizza Express is the pitifully small portions when it comes to pasta dishes (I was once served lasagne that made an M&S ready meal for one look like it'd last you a day or two). The actual pizzas are fine though.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    simonhead wrote:

It's a great shame that the reputation of Ramsdens original "shop" in Guiseley has been ruined by the tatty franchise outlets. I have fond memories of getting some cracking fish and chips there where you had the option of "champagne dining" in their clone of the Ritz dinning rooms. :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)