Chiquitos

dmclite-3.0
dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
edited September 2013 in The bottom bracket
Now, following on from Nando thread I have another.

I went to Chiquitos the other day out of neccesity. I work in Essex, but live in Kent and on friday night they shut the crossing, so I headed off down the A13 to the Blackwall tunnel to get home at 6:30pm. Turns out so did the rest of the traffic tht night, so I managed to get off the road into a leisure park place in Dagenham and to get some dinner. I went to Chiquitos, because as you know I hada Nandos the other week and it was crap. Turns out, Chiquito was almost as bad, overpriced faux Mexican food with a michelin price-tag. Not impressed. Anyone else had a Chiquito meal ? BTW, it was packed with couples and groups obviously out for dinner, so WTF ?

PS, I got home at 11:45pm, took me over 5 hours to get home, I was emotionally unavailable for the whole weekend. :cry:
I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    As in couldn't raise any interest?
  • Mikey23 wrote:

Harsh. Go boil your head.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,453
    Mikey23 wrote:

Watch out Crikey, DMC lite is in a right old strop.Ii think his ladyboy didnt' turn up else he missed him/her when he got back late. The fecker threatened to tweak my nipples :shock: Mind you, saying that, my back wheel could do with a tweak... ha ha
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I'll have a look at your rim anytime Meester Pinarollo. :wink:
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Been in one once, vile place. Everything with cheese in/on tastes of plastic and smells like feet. Only place i have been that is as bad is Jimmy Spices.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'll have a look at your rim anytime Meester Pinarollo. :wink:

Don't you let seantheconn here you say that, this is his domain now, he's also well connected don't you know, particularly with the 'ladies' on A wing :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Had Fajitas in one a couple of years ago and they were fantastic. Took the family to one in Leicester square a couple of weeks ago and I was embarassed and disappointed - it was poor and the service was terrible (and veeery slow).
  • Many (many) years ago it was called 'Chi Chi's' and was an almost genuine Mexican Style Restaurant - many happy visits to the Leicester Square branch. Since then it's converted into a tourist 'Tex Mex' place - i.e. everything smothered in cheese. Shame but the lure of the Yankee Dollar wipes out everything else I guess. If in London you can get a decent Mexican meal - Cafe Pacifico in Cov Gdn stll knocks out decent Burritos, and there are many others I'm sure.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • I have nothing but good things to say about Chiquito`s,me and the family love the place.Of course i dare say that some places may not be up to standards as others but the ones i have been in,all up north have been fantastic,the only one up here i would not rate is the one in Bolton,crap place with crap service,but that is against the norm for me.Everywhere else we have eaten has been wonderful.

We have eaten at the now defunct one at Chill Factore,Bolton,Southport and Newcastle.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1