Garmin Edge 810 Cadence Issue

dubcat
dubcat Posts: 754
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I installed the gsc10 on my bike and paired it with the 810. The cadence is zero a lot of the time while I am peddling. Sometimes it is half the actual value (eg 40) and then it temporarily jumps up to the correct value (eg 80).

You can see a chart on this ride:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/372355116

Can someone help me work out what's wrong? I think I have lined up the line on the magnet and sensor. Is there a common cause for this kind of behaviour?
2010 Specialized Rockhopper
2012 Bianchi Infinito

Comments

• Is the magnet within 5 mm of the sensor?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I'd double check it's set up correctly, if it is and it's still not working right then try a different/stronger magnet maybe? If there's still nothing probably a dodgy sensor unit which isn't unheard of, in which case get in touch with the retailer and try and get a replacement.
  • Hi friends,

I am having exactly the same issue...
    But I am sure mine is more than 5mm away..I own a Roubaix and its rear fork is not straight, so that is why is a bit tricky to have it at 5mm from the sensor...any tips?

Cheers
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    The magnet will be at a different distance from the sensor depending on where you site them on the spoke - I found the best place was right next to the rim.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: