Drayton Manor

takethehighroad
takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
edited September 2013 in The cake stop
Has anyone ever been?

We're wanting to take my son for his second birthday next month and just wondered what it was like.

He loves Thomas the Tank, which is why we've chosen there as they'e got Thomas Land, but I wanted to make sure he'd be fine as he's only gona be two, and I don't want to waste time (and money) going there if he can't go on anything.

Thanks

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Kids love it.
    I hate it.
    Full of chav's.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Of course it's full of the full mix of society, it's a theme park! Haven't taken a 2 year old but there is a whole kids corner which seems to have a few good bits for the kids to do. Relatively compact site so not miles of trekking and there is the zoo also. Some of the rides like the wild west shooting thing and pirates are enjoyed by all ages. Not a bad day out for the family (better if you can get reduced price tickets). Don't know about food, we always take a picnic to such places.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Gulliver's Kingdom at Matlock used to cater for younger kids, not sure if they still do, it's been a while since I went :lol: And you can have a cable car ride :D
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    It's a great place, no idea why the comments about chavs was made ?
    Easy to get too, park and have a fun day out. Kids love it enormously.
    Living MY dream.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I've been a couple of times and it's good for kids - a decent size so they won't get knackered and plenty of rides for younger ages.

Not that exciting when you get a bit older but sounds good for you.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.