Saddle and seatpost

PT_in_BRAcKNELL
PT_in_BRAcKNELL Posts: 46
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi!

I have £200 to spend on a MTB saddle and a seatpost...

I was thinking on a Tioga Spyder Carbonite - Twintail for the saddle and for the seatpost a Lynskey Titanium Seatpost - Brushed.

Any suggestion or comment?

Cheers :mrgreen:

Comments

• That's a lot of money.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    How much do you weigh? Super light the absolute goal? What size post?
  • I have £200 to spend on a MTB saddle and a seatpost...

Any comment?

Aye - you're either loaded, or daft... :wink:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599

Any comment?

As this is Bracknell, you forgot the 'innit'.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I suggest your priorities when buying a saddle ought to be the that fits your backside nicely and is comfortable for you to ride on over the weight and looks of it.

Not saying that saddle isn't comfy, and if it is for you then it's not an issue, but when you're out and about are you more likely to notice a 100g weight saving you've made on the saddle or the fact that you're uncomfortable for a few hours?
  • PT_in_BRAcKNELL
    PT_in_BRAcKNELL Posts: 46
    edited September 2013
    supersonic wrote:
    How much do you weigh? Super light the absolute goal? What size post?

Hi Supresonic, I'm a bit heavy now 95kg (but losing weight and I expect to be around 75/80 in three months from now)... 300 mm, light but sturdy.
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I suggest your priorities when buying a saddle ought to be the that fits your backside nicely and is comfortable for you to ride on over the weight and looks of it.

Not saying that saddle isn't comfy, and if it is for you then it's not an issue, but when you're out and about are you more likely to notice a 100g weight saving you've made on the saddle or the fact that you're uncomfortable for a few hours?

Good advice, though I am not concerned about comfort to be honest… I will definitely get used to the saddle after some miles! :wink:

cooldad wrote:

Any comment?

As this is Bracknell, you forgot the 'innit'.

Well actually my wealth and health conditions are highly relevant to this topic, so I will describe myself… I am stupidly rich, don’t have anything in my head, I’m daft, don’t know what to do with the money and, finally just want to waste it, so… :mrgreen:
  • cooldad
    If all you want is expensive stuff with no thought to use or comfort then it's pointless asking for advice. Just search for stuff, filter by highest price and buy.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    If all you want is expensive stuff with no thought to use or comfort then it's pointless asking for advice. Just search for stuff, filter by highest price and buy.

I'm sorry to correct you, but you are completely wrong… I don’t want just expensive stuff! If you had paid attention you would've noticed that I’ve picked a titanium no weight limit seat post and saddle both of them not the most expensive ones…

So from here you could’ve at least identified 2 requirements, robustness and lightweight components, but you could had even gone further… by noticing that the components are not the most expensive neither the cheapest ones, so I am willing to spend money within reason as long as it’s a high quality component (that’s why the reason for the advice request).

I just don’t see the point of flooding others threads with meaningless and unhelpful comments, if I don’t have anything to had I just keep my mouth shut… By doing that I avoid being silly and the admins will thank me as I am not contributing for stuffing the storage with rubbish. :wink:
  • cooldad
    Perhaps you should read your sig.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Perhaps you should read your sig.

. Maybe I am dyslexic… full stop.