GT aggressor 3

davethepaint
davethepaint Posts: 2
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi from a new user to everybody, I have an GT aggressor 3 that is a wreck no brakes no gears (mainly cables) but the rear cassette is the wrong one for the bike its 6 but should be 7 11-34 also the derailluer is goosed the rear cog should be shimano hyperglide and the change shimano tourney tx55. It seems that 11-34 seem to be easy to get in 8 speed.so will I need a new derailleur and shifter to match if so any body advise me which one is suitable. PS dont want to spend a lot of dosh as I'm on a tight budget. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Everything should be the same speed so shifters, rear mech, chain, and cassette should all be 8 speed if thats what you want. I would stick with using the same manufacturer for all parts to to avoid any incompatibilities i.e. All shimano parts or all SRAM parts. There are parts that can work with combinations of the two but to keep it simple, just go with one of them. I personally always go with Shimano as I prefer the feel of the shifters but other people will say otherwise.

Hope that helps.