Fox CTD Fit Factory fit forks
DT Swiss M1900 wheelset
XT shifters and crank

https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbike ... tml?b=3173
£170 less
Fox CTD Evolution forks
Mavic Crossride wheelset
SLX shifters and crank

Any experience of the component differences that would justify the price difference.
(also considering to change the wheelset to ZTR crest/Hope wheelset - would that be worth it considering the wheels that would coming as standard)

Thanks for any guidance you can share...

Comments

• RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    If it's any help, I had a similar decision in January and bought the 7.9 as it offered better value for money, but I see they have down specced the 7.9 a tad as it was xt all round on the 2013.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    If you can afford the better spec go for it.

On a side note not that I have CTD forks, but I had Fox evolutions and had them upgraded by Mojo to FIT cartridges. The difference was really noticable and made a big difference in feedback, dampening etc.

I'd always recommend a FIT fork over a standard if you can afford.
  • Yeah - buy the best you can afford. The FIT cartridge on the fork is noticeably superior also.
  • Cavs
    Cavs Posts: 176
    Thanks gents - 8.9 it is then...

I've tried to compare effective top tube to my current 26er and it puts me on
    a large frame, however the Canyon PPS puts me on a medium.

Anyone 5'11" (normal proportions) can recommend a medium or large size from experience
    of the Canyon 29er please?

(That's my last question, then I'm done - many thanks)
  • I have a Canyon Grand Canyon 7.9 and ride a medium, I am also 5'11" and I feel it fits perfectly.
  • AD1
    AD1 Posts: 53
    swelsbyuk wrote:
    I have a Canyon Grand Canyon 7.9 and ride a medium, I am also 5'11" and I feel it fits perfectly.

I have a Medium Canyon 29er (2013 AL 8.9) and it fits me perfectly, I'm just under 6 foot. My other bike is a cube acid 2012 20" which I felt was a slight bit on the big side. (Difficult to lean back over the saddle on steep descents, always kept snagging my shorts on the saddle, a shorter stem would probably have sorted it out.)
  • Cavs
    Cavs Posts: 176
    Great - thanks for everyone's help - medium it is then.