Stratford Upon Avon/Evesham

blue123
blue123 Posts: 24
edited December 2013 in Routes
Are there any good trails, climbs in the Stratford upon avon/Evesham area???

Any groups here patient enough to be joined by a rookie!?

Comments

• That must be a NO!
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    You have Bredon hill just down the road from evesham, there are so great routes around there, albeit not all day rides. You are also not too far away from Cleeve hill which has some really great rides. Where exactly are you based?
  • Yslen
    Yslen Posts: 55
    I'd be interested to know also as I live around there. Not found much besides a couple of small woodland paths.
  • Thanks, Im around a village called Bidford on Avon and so far found nothing exciting...

Any help would be massively appreciated
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    As mentioned before you are not too far from me in Tewkesbury and we have some great routes on the malverns, Breedon hill, Cleve hill etc. depends on what type of riding you want to do really
  • Yslen
    Yslen Posts: 55
    blue123 wrote:
    Thanks, Im around a village called Bidford on Avon and so far found nothing exciting...

Any help would be massively appreciated

You're about 5 minutes from me then. There isn't much in the immediate area, Oversley Wood (Alcester) isn't bad for messing about for an hour or so, but it's not really that big and most of the trails are just straight lines.
  • Hi,

I am based other side of Stratford, nr Ettington, happy to show you my local rides round Edgehill (road and singletrack)

Let me know
  • Hey fellas,
    I live in Bidford, as stated Oversley woods are the best bet, it has more than most people think, plenty of trails, single track short climbs, jumps etc, check out strava to find a few segments,
    I usually link a 25m route going out to Welford by road, go over the crossroad past the maypole to pick up bridle way at the end of the lane, follow this shortcut to Weston on avon, take the track on the left as you start to turn right, this will take you to the greenway which is an old railway track into stratford, from here you can take the canal back to Wilmcote before picking up the road back to Oversley via Walcote, after Oversley head out over the castle to Wixford and pick up the old railway line to Salford priors, ok it's not trail centre stuff but there is plenty to keep you busy, also at Stratford you can go over the Welcombe hills, as for local mtb clubs have a word with Ade in About Bikes Evesham, they have regular rides, Bredon Hill is very popular, if you ride the road there is a Monday ride from Bidford fire station 7pm. Atb.