Looking for a downloadable route - New Forest to SW London

chrisaonabike
chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
I might be riding home from the New Forest next weekend - would like a nice non-trafficky route if possible from Lyndhurst to anywhere from Weybridge to Box Hill. Ideally as something that can go straight into the 800 if possible.

I don't know the area at all, and I'd like to not have to start from scratch, so does anyone have something suitable, or failing that, are there any sites with searchable routes?

I've had a bit of a look at BikeRouteToaster, Bikely, RideWithGps, but they seem to be mostly about creating new routes unless I'm missing something.

Cheers for any pointers.
Is the gorilla tired yet?

Comments

• If you can navigate yourself across to Havant from Lyndhurst, I've a good 80 mile route from there to central London that goes through SW London (Richmond, Wimbledon etc).

http://connect.garmin.com/course/3166773

Pretty hilly but a great ride, some really nice scenery etc.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,102
    I might be riding home from the New Forest next weekend - would like a nice non-trafficky route if possible from Lyndhurst to anywhere from Weybridge to Box Hill. Ideally as something that can go straight into the 800 if possible.

Your route brings back some memories for me. When I was 15 - a long long time ago, I set off from my parents house in Poole, Dorset, to ride to my Gran's in Bromley. I rode across Bournemouth, Christchurch, Lyndhurst, Southampton then via Winchester, Alton, over the hogs back, Box Hill then into south west London. Great ride. Doubt it would be safe to do today, not for a 15 year old anyway.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme